Proud new owner! 1991 Blk/Ivory #1120

Well after waiting 16 years, I finally have my own NSX! I've been lurking on Prime and reading everything for about 2 years and I just want to thank the mods and the members for making this such a great site - without it I probably would have gotten into a really bad deal. Instead, I got it through Prime (from Newguy, who is awesome to deal with) and thanks also to DocL, who steered me clear of a bad NSX in Florida.

Car is currently at a transship point in NJ (until I can get plates, etc to drive it out of there), but once it's home I will post pics.

Look for many questions from me as I go forward! :biggrin:

Congratulations! I don't know how you can stand it with the car sitting the delivery point and unable to drive it. I find myself going out to the garage at night just to sit in the car but fortunately, my wife is used to odd behavior where cars are concerned :D

Congrat's Paul. I know were anxious to get one and I'm glad you waited until you found the right one.

Thanks Tom, it's very tough to sit here and wait. We just had some huge storms move through the city and I'm sitting there thinking "it's pouring rain on my NSX right now" and picturing a cascade of water inundating my coil packs from the rear window garnish...:frown:

WELCOME!

Any more details? Miles? Mods?

Welcome home Paul. Enjoy.

Congrats!

I've personally seen this car and it is EXCELLENT.

Billy is a great guy! Enjoy it.

Congratulations, now go and put your plates on, drive it home and join us on Saturday for The River Run, but give the Don a "heads up" first!:eek::cool::biggrin:

Man you lurked for 2 years. You guys are patient. I lurked for a week or so and thats all I could take. Found mine right here in classifieds. I did'nt even get a PPI. The guy had many posts and absolutely nothing negative about him. I totally trusted him along with several high res. pics. to go by. I got very very lucky. Enjoy it.:wink:

Thanks guys. Yeah, Billy has been great in getting the deal together. I'm basically just waiting on the title docs from him so that I can register the car at the DMV...People's Republic of New York won't even give you temp tags without an orginal title!! :mad: So I'm basically stuck until I can get plates to drive it out of there.

80k miles. Mods are relatively light. ARK DT-X exhaust, Eibach Pro-Kit, Koni yellows, Short Ram Intake, Sparco Ring Wheel and Type-R horn.

It has a carbon center console w/ Alpine touch screen DVD, sub, amp, but I'm going to part all of that out, as she's goin on a diet (goal is 2800lbs) and a 1-din basic stereo is all she needs lol. It also has the 02 Type R red valve covers and intake cover. 6000k HID in the pop-ups. I'm getting a set of 02+ wheels from Charlie (carcrazed4life) painted JDM Type-S gunmetal, though I may go back to silver...have to wait and see how they look on the car.

My gf/soon to be fiancee made me promise I won't spend any more money on it for a while (we are saving for a house), so the go-fast crackpipe will have to wait. But, in the end, I basically want it to look like Vance's Type-R clone. With a Boostzilla stage 1. :biggrin: But for now, I'm just going to drive it for the rest of this season as is and enjoy it!

The 2 yr lurk was worth it! :) I learned everything about the car before buying, though Rob still had to save me from that awful specimen in West Palm Beach! :cool:

Last edited:
Congratulations and Welcome to the 91 Club!!! :smile: I hope your car gives you many miles of driving pleasure. Mine sure has. Good luck on trying to avoid the mod bug. It is not very easy to avoid with so many cool things available on this site.

Welcome and congrats!

welcome and congrats!!!!!!!!

let just see how long you actually hold out before you put something new on the car :biggrin: :tongue: hehe

I bit the bullet and had it delivered to my place. :D When the guy unloaded it off of the trailer, the front lip pulled off the bolts. :mad: But, it didn't damage the bolt holes in the lip. So, I went into the apt to get my socket set and when I came out, there was a crowd of my neighbors just standing around and staring at the car. hahaha :cool:

I got the lip semi-fastened back on (so it at least wasn't dragging) and parked the car until I can do a thorough clean tomorrow:

n626456393_1084758_2674.jpg

Billy threw the black rims on basically just for transport, as they rub like crazy. I'll have the 02+ OEMs on it next week. But, at least I have good winter storage rims now. Also, does anyone want to swap their black interior trim pieces for my ivory? I'm sure they would look great one on of your guys' Formula Reds. haha :)

More pics to follow. I can barely contain myself!

Just out of curiosity, with only 23 posts. How are you a gold member? And what does all that mean anyway?:confused:

Because he isn't cheap and he clicked on the "support NSX Prime" icon on the top of each page. When you click on it, you are brought to a page that lets you choose how much you want to want to donate to help Lud keep the site running. I guess that Honcho was happy with all of the help and support that we gave him, so a gesture of gratitude, that he decided to make a donation. It has nothing to do with how many posts you make.

Because he isn't cheap and he clicked on the "support NSX Prime" icon on the top of each page. When you click on it, you are brought to a page that lets you choose how much you want to want to donate to help Lud keep the site running. I guess that Honcho was happy with all of the help and support that we gave him, so a gesture of gratitude, that he decided to make a donation. It has nothing to do with how many posts you make.
Thank's guys. I did'nt know.

WHAT???:confused: No "Titanium" membership?? LOL.

My last off topic post in this thread, but you have brought up a very valid question. I'd love to see a Titanium membership level in there somehwere.

David-

Don't know what the rims are, but they look like they came off a viper or corvette lol. :smile: Wayyy to big for the NSX. Billy just put them on so that the car would roll and be relatively drivaeble to make it the 1.5 miles to my shop. They don't look half bad though...

Yeah, I donated to the site because it has been immeasurably helpful in finding the right NSX and I wanted to give back out of gratitue to Lud and the members. I'm also joining NSXCA.

Back