Protocol for approaching NSX owner?

So I'm thinking about buying a '97-2001 NSX, but have never actually sat in one, let alone been given the nickle tour of all the ammenities. I don't even know if my big rump will fit comfortably in the cockpit.

I've noticed an NSX parked near my office on occasion (Uncertain as to which year), and am wondering if placing my business card on the windshield with a short note asking if the owner has some time to show off his car (and maybe let me sit in it, etc...) would be rude or bad form.

Thoughts?

Why not just go to your local club meeting? If you are close to San Francisco or San Jose, you can come hanging out with us and we will all show you our cars.
Steve

lrsudog said:
So I'm thinking about buying a '97-2001 NSX, but have never actually sat in one, let alone been given the nickle tour of all the ammenities. I don't even know if my big rump will fit comfortably in the cockpit.

I've noticed an NSX parked near my office on occasion (Uncertain as to which year), and am wondering if placing my business card on the windshield with a short note asking if the owner has some time to show off his car (and maybe let me sit in it, etc...) would be rude or bad form.

Thoughts?

I don't see anything wrong with that.

Place the note in the driver's wiper. Passenger wiper doesn't lift as well.
I have a BMW with zero clearance of the wipers in the parked position. I hate it when people leave papers under them.

whiteNSXs said:
Why not just go to your local club meeting? If you are close to San Francisco or San Jose, you can come hanging out with us and we will all show you our cars.
Steve

D'oh! Didn't think of that. I'm down in LA, so the Bay area is a bit of a stretch, but I'll look through the site for a local chapter. Thanks for the tip.

I think I'll give the business card a shot too. (In the Driver side wiper) Thanks fellas.

If I got a business card on my car with a note to call to set up a walk-thru, I'd prolly get creeped out and not call. But if you decide to leave one, I'd recommend on the passenger side window between the glass and the "squeegee thingy". Some NSX owners take their wipers off for cosmetic reasons and he's sure to see it before getting in the car (I hate when I sit down in the seat before seeing something under my wiper).

J

Back