• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Prospeed... i just dont get it.

FIRST OF ALL i never thought on nsxprime i would be ranting... but here it goes.

So i bought Prospeeds stage 3 chip, which was a great product / fast shipping. So i thought hey Prospeed is a great vendor to go with and ill try out his HFC's.

Got the price, gave him the payment.

Got a msg from him saying that it will take maybe around 1-2 weeks to get them done and shipped ( which i was fine with ).

Pmed him after 1-2weeks has passed and asked hows the progess. He told me it was going to get done by weds and shipped to my house by friday (which i thought was great because i could put them on the weekend ).

Weds comes along and he said they wont be done till thursday and still im fine with it no biggy because i was thinking i could overnight

Thurs call him to get overnight shipping done. he says he has a meeting all day and isnt sure if he can send them out BUT he said they are all ready to go. im like oh thats fine well if you can send them out today if not try to overnight tomorrow ( because it will still come by sat noonish )

Friday i called him to see if they were shipped out thursday or today. He says sorry i couldnt ship it out today but guess what ? i dont have gaskets for it... This is where it made me think... Were they even ready at all??

Anyways... I said whatever to all the overnight shipping and just waited. he said well it'll just get it shipped out on monday and it will get to you by wednesday. Funny thing is they were shipped on tuesday, why the late delay? BUT i dont really care it came within that week.

Past weekend we got it on the lift and while i was mounting them up... one of the cats didnt mount up properly to my system, At first i thought i had to move around stuff but no they were off to the point where nothing would work.

I msged him asking if i could just get a local welder to just turn the flange for me and he reimburse me some $. I wanted someone local to see it so it was perfect. He wanted me to ship them back and take pics so he can fix it himself... But i didnt wanna hassle with that going back and forth and lifting the car back n forth.

All in all i was just kinda fed up with it because i didnt wanna cut and weld it either because it could just be my system or something was off. So i just wanted a refund for my non used Prospeed HFCs... And he still cant do that..

Also he told me to sell them.. but what if the HFCs are off and its not just my system... so im selling other prime members HFCs that could be off?

Other nsxprime vendors ive dealt with has easily come to me and gave me directions on how DHL or UPS would come pick it up from my house and theyd refund me the money.

I thought i was pretty good with the whole deal but just irks me that i cant even refund it.

UPDATE: was a bit furious. problem is getting solved.

I've had a few bumps with prospeed as well in the past that I'll post now.

Happy with the product, but very slow shipping.

Basically when I shipped my ecu out Brian said it wasn't there after about a week but it was confirmed to be there. After a few days they found it. A few more days go by and they finally ship out my ecu "which I thought", and then I find out it wasn't shipped after all but I had to wait again.

Like I said, very happy with the product when I had it, but I was on a tight schedule with my car being down and me needing my ecu back.

Stephen

PS. I will say that Brian was nice enough to ship me a stock ecu chip since I damaged mine when it was out of the car.

You've stated your case well and seem like a reasonable individual. Brian is also a reasonable person and a good guy from my experience with him. It seems to me that the right thing to do is simply return the part for an exchange and perhaps split the shipping cost as a gesture. I can see why Brian or any seller may be reluctant to cover the cost of modifying the part as you requested. My advice is to keep is simple and get an exchanged part.

Back