• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ProSpeed ECU stage 3 "hot chip" special deal

Hello Southern California Primers,

This weekend, I met Galvani, a NSX Prime member (nice guy!) while selling him a part for his '91 NSX. We got to talking at lenght where he mentioned one of the mods he performed on his car- a ProSpeed "hot chip". For those not familiar with this, ProSpeed, Anaheim, offers an upgrade to the standard chip in our ECU (Electronic Control Unit). Other companies offer a chip ugrade as well such as Dali, SOS, Comptech, etc.

There is a long thread listed in Prime about the ProSpeed chip and the 4 different chip variants one can get. Stage 3 is designed for those cars that have an upgraded air intake, headers, and exhaust. The new chip optimizes some of the air, fuel, and RPM set points to obtain some additional HP, torque, and subsequent performance. Addressing the 1st to 2nd gear drop-off is just one of the gains, something I quickly noticed with my car. I am a new NSX owner.

Today, I spoke with Brian, owner of ProSpeed. Although he has offered some recent discounts thru Prime, he said he could offer an additional discount if three NSX owners (cars from years 1991-1994 only) want the upgrade. The price will be $299. That's $51 less than the typical cost- a good deal. For anyone interested in the "custom" chip mod, an additional $99 is needed (usually $125) for the dyno costs.

So, we only need two others interested in a stage 3 or custom chip mod to get the extra discount price. You will need to make an appointment with Brian and take your car in for the stage 3 or custom mod. He can do a typical stage 3 mod in about an hour or less. The custom mod will take 2+ hours due to the dyno time. He is open on Saturdays and can also make arrangements for a mid week after business hours appointment.

Please reply to this thread if you are interested and (1) have a 1991-1994 NSX and (2) have upgraded air intake, exhaust, and headers. Thanks.

Steve

From Prospeed website www.prospeed-performance.com... At Prospeed we offer reprogramming for your ecu. We can modify your existing ecu with an upgraded system for your specific application. Modifications include upgraded fuel and ignition, extended rev limit, and removal of the speed governor. Currently we can modify only Obd-1 ecu's (Mugen, Spoon, Feels, Xs, Prospeed, etc).

Last edited:
I all ready have the custom chip and dyno. by far, the best mod i've ever had. You'll have fun in Chino Hills for the dyno with Bisi.

Long

Um.... Nope, I'm there a lot with some of the other NSX guys. That's Vance's hookah bar, The Bulldog Lounge. I'm heading out there tonight. Come by with the NSX.

Um.... Nope, I'm there a lot with some of the other NSX guys. That's Vance's hookah bar, The Bulldog Lounge. I'm heading out there tonight. Come by with the NSX.

Tried to make it out there....just tough with Thanksgiving and the wife giving me s!#t. I think we may have spoken before. I had stopped over for a drink at Habana's and I had parked next to you. You and another guy with an Eclipse were standing by my car. If it was you....you gave me some good advise. Are you going to attend the SoCal Meet @ SC Acura Dec 4th. Let me know....and if not....I'll be picking up my son in HB Friday Dec 5th and could stop by then. Just want to pick your brain.

Thx,
Tony

Hello Southern California Primers,

This weekend, I met Galvani, a NSX Prime member (nice guy!) while selling him a part for his '91 NSX. We got to talking at lenght where he mentioned one of the mods he performed on his car- a ProSpeed "hot chip". For those not familiar with this, ProSpeed, Anaheim, offers an upgrade to the standard chip in our ECU (Electronic Control Unit). Other companies offer a chip ugrade as well such as Dali, SOS, Comptech, etc.

There is a long thread listed in Prime about the ProSpeed chip and the 4 different chip variants one can get. Stage 3 is designed for those cars that have an upgraded air intake, headers, and exhaust. The new chip optimizes some of the air, fuel, and RPM set points to obtain some additional HP, torque, and subsequent performance. Addressing the 1st to 2nd gear drop-off is just one of the gains, something I quickly noticed with my car. I am a new NSX owner.

Today, I spoke with Brian, owner of ProSpeed. Although he has offered some recent discounts thru Prime, he said he could offer an additional discount if three NSX owners (cars from years 1991-1994 only) want the upgrade. The price will be $299. That's $51 less than the typical cost- a good deal. For anyone interested in the "custom" chip mod, an additional $99 is needed (usually $125) for the dyno costs.

So, we only need two others interested in a stage 3 or custom chip mod to get the extra discount price. You will need to make an appointment with Brian and take your car in for the stage 3 or custom mod. He can do a typical stage 3 mod in about an hour or less. The custom mod will take 2+ hours due to the dyno time. He is open on Saturdays and can also make arrangements for a mid week after business hours appointment.

Please reply to this thread if you are interested and (1) have a 1991-1994 NSX and (2) have upgraded air intake, exhaust, and headers. Thanks.

Steve

From Prospeed website www.prospeed-performance.com... At Prospeed we offer reprogramming for your ecu. We can modify your existing ecu with an upgraded system for your specific application. Modifications include upgraded fuel and ignition, extended rev limit, and removal of the speed governor. Currently we can modify only Obd-1 ecu's (Mugen, Spoon, Feels, Xs, Prospeed, etc).

Steve!!! Count me in!!! And are you going to make it out to the South Coast Acura Meet Dec 4th?

Yes. I will be there to see you and your sharp red car. We can talk a little about this ECU chip upgrade, too. See you there!

Back