Prospective Owner's random questions

Hello NSX Forum (Oops, the title should say "Prospective, not Perspective..)

I wish to own an NSX before I turn 30. I'm 27 now, about to get married in 2 months. Currently my daily driver is S2000 which I've had since I was 19. Now it has 175k+ miles. Anyway, I have some random questions about NSX.. So here we go.

1. How do you like NSX as daily driver? I used my S2000 as daily driver for 8 years and to be honest, it's a very fun car to drive, but not a practical ideal daily driver for me. Too noisy inside, hard ride, very go-cart like handling and experience, tiny trunk (I had to buy smaller guitar cases for my guitars), etc. Based on my research, NSX is supposed to be faster and quicker than S2000 slightly but drives more comfortable and softer like a GT vs S2000 which is more like a sports car/roadster. What are your takes on NSX as daily driver?

2. Can you fit a guitar(Acoustic or electric) in the drunk? is the drunk even smaller than s2000? maybe somebody have a picture of guitar in the drunk?

3. Maintenance cost? I'd assume it's a lot more than the s2k but how is it compared to.. say, e46 m3?

4. nsx-targa vs non-targa? is there a noticeable difference in car's rigidity and handling? on the road? and on the track?

5. within the next 3 years, i'd imagine 00-01 NSX with low mileage would cost around 40~45k?? is that a reasonable assumption?

Thank you everyone

Last edited:
Read the wiki (red bar at top of page, left end of bar) & use the search. This has been asked & answered 1000x before. And there are several threads comparing S2000 to NSX with input from owners of both.

Yes, an acoustic guitar will fit easily as well as a hard electric guitar case.

I just went and tried and I was able to get both in there, but I doubt a person could get a hard acoustic case and hard electric guitar case to fit.

I took a couple pictures, but have to run some errands, so if nobody has posted any when I get back I will see if I can upload the pictures and post here.
(update, pictures posted below)

I've never driven the S2000 so, can't add much there.

picture.php

picture.php

Hard Case is not flat because of my Kenwood Amp in the trunk.
picture.php

The acoustic guitar under the hard case. I believe they would both fit with the acoustic in my soft case.
picture.php
]

Last edited:
Wow, the OP joined in 2006 but just made his first post yesterday. :eek:

If you've spent any amount of time on Prime since you joined, you'd know that the NSX makes a fine daily driver, especially if you're coming from an S2000. Maintenance costs are minimal other than the occasional tb/wp service.

I would not assume that low mileage 00-01s will go down to 40-45k with the next few years. If anything, I think the price will go UP and you'll be looking at mid to high 50s for those is my guess.

Thanks guys for the inputs. I did join nsxprime in 06 and had posted for a bit. And then I lost my college email and i guess my account was suspended? So recently I re activated with my work email

Anyway anyone have input in targa vs non targa?

Also, what is the quickest 0-60 time you can achieve with only bolt ons?

And also, what year did nsx have all red interior? I think I have seen one with all red for a late year model. Did they have all red in the earlier NA2?

All red interior is 2002+ and only in red and black cars. You can of course do aftermarket work to make an all red interior, there are a few in this forum that have done that.

Targa is great for cruising, I am a huge fan of running topless and my NSX spends most of its time that way unless it is very hot out and I anticipate heavy sun. Non-targa is smart if you are looking for a track car.

I wouldn't put an acoustic guitar in the trunk due to the heat that builds up. You could consider lining the trunk with extra insulation I suppose.

I had been driving my coupe since I brought it home, but I took out my NSX-T out last night and loved it. Maybe it's partially due to the newer age and lower mileage, but it felt like a more refined car whereas the coupe feels more raw and uncivilized with its manual steering and 5 speed transmission. Both offer an incredible visceral experience, so can't go wrong with either.

Last edited:
Hello NSX Forum (Oops, the title should say "Prospective, not Perspective..)

1. How do you like NSX as daily driver? I used my S2000 as daily driver for 8 years and to be honest, it's a very fun car to drive, but not a practical ideal daily driver for me. Too noisy inside, hard ride, very go-cart like handling and experience, tiny trunk (I had to buy smaller guitar cases for my guitars), etc. Based on my research, NSX is supposed to be faster and quicker than S2000 slightly but drives more comfortable and softer like a GT vs S2000 which is more like a sports car/roadster. What are your takes on NSX as daily driver?

Thank you everyone

I love the NSX as a daily driver. Very easy to drive. I too drove an S2000, an '06, from '07-'11. I find the NSX suspension to be more "supple", for lack of a better term, by comparison. The NSX seats are the most comfortable seats I've ever experienced. I've recently driven '09 G37S, '06 Z4M, '09 Carerra and '12 300 SRT8 (cars in the family) and the NSX seats, IMO, are better, hands down. I've taken both S2000 and NSX across country. Summer '10 in the S2000, Sacramento to Denver to Lawrence,Ks and back. This last April when I bought my NSX, drove from Tampa, FL -> Denver -> Sacramento. Both trips I accumulated about 4,000 miles. The S2000 made me feel like a 50 year old man with a prosthetic hip and a spinal fusion. With the NSX I experienced no hip or lower back discomfort. That to me is the proof in the pudding.

1.) DD is okay, but unless you have a secured parking area for work and or outings, sometimes I just get too paranoid. I still have my 03' s2000 and yes, the nsx is by far much more comfortable and much more spacious (at least the feel). The only discomfort you might get is getting in and out of the car, don't want to rub the bolsters so you literally have to crawl in and crawl out, but I dont mind it at all =D

2.) Sure you can fit a guitar, I can fit my golf clubs in no problem =D BUT yes, it does get hot in there, if you're buying groceries (eggs and milk, stuff that goes bad quckly) just leave them at the passenger seat area. Don't think heat is too good for the guitar either :rolleyes:

3.) Maintenance cost is okay, it really isn't too bad at all. But when you compare modification prices or replacement oem part prices ya, it is a little bit more. Maybe even more than the e46 m3. BUT the nsx is very reliable, almost nothing really goes wrong with it unless you track it hard or drive it like there is no tomorrow. Compared to my e39 m5 (which I do not daily drive), the NSX maintenance cost is nothing lol

4.) It really is up to you. I say don't worry about it unless you really have a preference for one over the other. Almost all of the NSX available since 1995 are targa, only a couple special order ones are still coupe (it cost significantly more too because of its rarity). Coupe is lighter and rigidity is for sure stronger, but then again, if you don't track it or do some crazy driving you probably can not tell the difference. If you're looking for a pure track dedicated NSX, than go for the coupe.

5.) I guess? If they don't screw up the new NSX too badly then I don't think the prices of the NSX will go up or maintain at current pricing.

GOOD LUCK!! :biggrin:

Let's try this again. Use the search.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135648&highlight=coupe
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115399 (esp. post #19)
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127403&highlight=coupe
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28248&highlight=coupe

Thanks guys for the inputs. I did join nsxprime in 06 and had posted for a bit. And then I lost my college email and i guess my account was suspended? So recently I re activated with my work email

Anyway anyone have input in targa vs non targa?

Also, what is the quickest 0-60 time you can achieve with only bolt ons?

And also, what year did nsx have all red interior? I think I have seen one with all red for a late year model. Did they have all red in the earlier NA2?

Back