Prospective owner...

Hey guys, I am looking at purchasing this car. VIN JH4NA115XMT000500. I have done my research and checked out the Carfax. I ran the VIN through this forum, and found several threads where people were considering buying the car. The car seems to have made it around a lot... I saw Texas and Maryland on the Carfax report and threads mentioning this VIN. Any of those individuals who looked at the car in person still here? I'd like to know your opinions. I will be going to see it in person sometime next week. I will update once I get a chance to take it out and have a mechanic take a peek. I know it is not one of the models with the bad snap ring. I printed out the guides and I know what to look over, and I have the list of what to have the mechanic check. Anybody know a reputable Honda/Acura mechanic in Virginia Beach near this dealer? By the way, my name is Lee and I hope to be a genuine member REALLY SOON!

JH4NA115XMT000500_1.jpg

UPDATE: I got the dealer to take a few pix of the engine and under the hood... figured ya'll would like to see. They have some aftermarket wheels on it right now... but I'm not sure I like the look. Opinions?
DSC08017.jpg

DSC08019.jpg

DSC08023.jpg

DSC08025.jpg

Last edited:
This car has been discussed a ton. PM ryan who created one of the threads... he was very close to buying it and backed out. The car has been on sale for a year or something.

Hi Lee -- they have had this car for over a year. I dropped in there one day over a year ago asking about it - it was in "storage" somewhere, and the salesman didn't seem to know much about it at all. Sticks in my mind he said they bought it at an auction in Texas or something. So I left and never pursued it, and ending up buying from a private individual in Charlotte NC. Got all the documentation back to the original owner.

I can only suspect that for it to be on the market for over a year, at what appears to be a bargain price, that those "in the know" that have looked and passed, have found something that scares them away. I've been using a guy over at Priority Acura in Chesapeake for service work - so far he has been great, and seems to know NSX's extremely well. I'm sure he could check it out for you.

Good luck in your search. You will love the NSX once you find one! Jay

Last edited:
Hi Lee -- they have had this car for over a year. I dropped in there one day over a year ago asking about it - it was in "storage" somewhere, and the salesman didn't seem to know much about it at all. Sticks in my mind he said they bought it at an auction in Texas or something. So I left and never pursued it, and ending up buying from a private individual in Charlotte NC. Got all the documentation back to the original owner.

I can only suspect that for it to be on the market for over a year, at what appears to be a bargain price, that those "in the know" that have looked and passed, have found something that scares them away. I've been using a guy over at Priority Acura in Chesapeake for service work - so far he has been great, and seems to know NSX's extremely well. I'm sure he could check it out for you.

Good luck in your search. You will love the NSX once you find one! Jay

Can you please give me a name and number for this guy? If possible, I'd like to tell him who referred me. I'll pm you my cell phone number if you wouldn't mind texting me or calling me. I'm going to see/test drive the car on Friday and I'd like to make an appointment with your guy. The Carfax made me nervous with all the moves this machine has made. I did talk to a salesman named Bobby who seemed to know a decent amount about the car. There was some recent work done and I will update once I've had a chance to take a peek. I'm a first-timer to NSX's and I really want some guidance.

So the car got new wheels? (last pic)

Back