Prospective owner, What do i look for?

I'm currently in the market for a 91-92 Black NSX. My question is what do I look for when buying a car of this caliber? I know any accident records, and the snap-ring issue is something to find out, but are there any other mechanical problems i should look into before buying?

I was also wondering if there is anyone in the bay area kind enough to show me the ropes, or actually give me a ride in a good condition NSX for me to get a feeling of what one is supposed to feel like.

well, thanx in advance for the input.

I'd say maintanence, clutch, timing belt/water pump, and mods would be something to be cautious of!!
:)
Z

Get the VIN, Run a CarFax. NSXfya has is right. Also the A/C and climate control will set you back, make sure it is perfect and see if it is still R12 or has it been updated to R134a freon.

This car, if it has not had a timing belt, really needs a 90K service, not a 30K service. Figure $1600-$2200 depending on where you take it. Snap ring add $1500-$2000 if you are compelled to fix it. I would read up on that here.

There is also a complete buyers check list in the FAQ.

Have it inspected completely, by a reputable tech YOU hire:). Body work will also make your heart skip a beat, so check it carefully.

Good Luck,
LarryB

Back