Prospective Owner Rant

Hello everyone,
I am a prospective owner, but long time fan of the NSX. I will give you a little history of my situation. My father started working for the Acura of Brookfield, back in 1987. Anyway I remember the day that he brought home that wonderful black and silver book titled "NSX". From that day forward, I have held that car to be on a pedestal that very few other cars, in my mind, could touch. Fast forward to 2003, my dad calls me at college with some news, he had just purchased a 1991 red NSX. Needless to say I hopped in my car and drove home for that weekend. Over the past few years I have got to know the car quite well, and have attended some track days with CGI Motorsports at Gingerman as well as last years NSXCA car corral at Road America. What a car! (but I don't have to tell any of you that now do I?:biggrin:) So now the time has come when my dad saw fit to sell the car, and I am chomping at the bit to get it. Since my dad has had the car, it has been in the care of John Vasos, one of the best knowledge bases, as many, or most, of you know. I am forseeing getting the financing worked out sometime in the next week or two, but I do feel the need to sell my S2000. I just don't want the financial burden of two "impractical" sports cars. I have read the recent threads of young owners and the importance of sound financial footings, I couldn't agree more. I am 25, have a great job with a cheese company (in WI:eek:) doing product development and I own my own condo. I see this as the most fun you could get out of any investment. Anyway, just a little bit about my current situation. I hope to soon take away the title of "Prospecitive" and replace it with "current". I no doubt share the same passion as many of you do towards this most deserving car.

Cheers,

Kevin

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
I am a prospective owner, but long time fan of the NSX. I will give you a little history of my situation. My father started working for the Acura of Brookfield, back in 1987. Anyway I remember the day that he brought home that wonderful black and silver book titled "NSX". From that day forward, I have held that car to be on a pedestal that very few other cars, in my mind, could touch. Fast forward to 2003, my dad calls me at college with some news, he had just purchased a 1991 red NSX. Needless to say I hopped in my car and drove home for that weekend. Over the past few years I have got to know the car quite well, and have attended some track days with CGI Motorsports at Gingerman as well as last years NSXCA car corral at Road America. What a car! (but I don't have to tell any of you that now do I?:biggrin:) So now the time has come when my dad saw fit to sell the car, and I am chomping at the bit to get it. Since my dad has had the car, it has been in the care of John Vasos, one of the best knowledge bases, as many, or most, of you know. I am forseeing getting the financing worked out sometime in the next week or two, but I do feel the need to sell my S2000. I just don't want the financial burden of two "impractical" sports cars. I have read the recent threads of young owners and the importance of sound financial footings, I couldn't agree more. I am 25, have a great job with a cheese company (in WI:eek:) doing product development and I own my own condo. I see this as the most fun you could get out of any investment. Anyway, just a little bit about my current situation. I hope to soon take away the title of "Prospecitive" and replace it with "current". I no doubt share the same passion as many of you do towards this most deserving car.

Cheers,

Kevin

Welcome,

My last NSX was serviced only by John's team even though I drove past 3-4 other dealerships on the way to see him from Chicago. Now, living in Minneapolis, I still debate the drive as the dealers here are worthless.

Let us know how the story unfolds.

Back