Prospective owner & new member

I am considering buying an NXST. I have not had a performance car in many years, but instead have been riding motorcycles. I am thinking about something in the $40k price range, which seems to be the '95 - '96 model years. Should I look for a stock car, or are there any "must have" mods that you would look for? Also, for some reason I was under the impression that the targa top was glass, and not a painted body panel. Did I maybe see an aftermarket one, or am I just plain crazy? I have enjoyed reading some posts, and am considering buying in the next month or two. The car would be a daily driver. Any thoughts / advice you may have would be appreciated.

Thanks!

DucatiCraig said:
Should I look for a stock car, or are there any "must have" mods that you would look for?
There are no "must have" mods. There are some that are "nice to have" but nothing that's indispensable IMO.

However, if you are more interested in performance than in open-air motoring, you might consider a fixed-roof '91-94 instead of a '95-96 NSX-T. The weight difference makes a nice performance "mod".

DucatiCraig said:
for some reason I was under the impression that the targa top was glass, and not a painted body panel. Did I maybe see an aftermarket one, or am I just plain crazy?
I cannot comment on your mental state :D , but all of the NSX-T came from the factory with a painted aluminum removable roof panel, not one made of glass. I'm not sure I've ever heard of even an aftermarket glass one.

Definitely look for a T-top car!! You will have the best of both worlds: An open air experience and a coupe when you want. Mine has no rattles, cowl shake or any other issues related to the T-Top jabs you'll hear about. As far as performance goes, most NSX's are very similar in performance, unless you are Peter Cunningham;) I would try to find a 97 or newer if you can, as they came with the 3.2 liter, 6 speed, bigger brakes etc.
Take care,
John

edited due to illness

Last edited:
As far as mods to look for, thats just personal preference. I looked for one that was as close to stock as possible. The only mods mine had were keyless entry and a 6 disk cd changer.

If you take your time, you can find your perfect car.

Back