Prospective Owner in AZ

Hello all, I am in the market for an NSX; however, I am wondering if my height will be an issue. I am 6'2 (mostly legs).

Are there any NSX Prime members located in Phoenix willing to let me sit in the driver's seat of their precious NSX?

Thank you in advance.

J

Welcome to the NSX world, there is a thread here under My New Toy title, he is 6'7" and worked with his NSX so he can fit in it:biggrin:

Good luck!

Mugen Kid, what does your schedule look like this week?

I am around that area (generally) about twice a week for work.

J

No problem. There are owners that are 6'6" on this site. Good Luck on your search.

If you are over 6 ft. you will find it difficult to stretch out enough. There was a guy in Phoenix named OJ or AJ that is 6'-6". He had a special seat built and still drove with his knees up around the steering wheel. Your head will probably touch the roof, so make sure you drive one for at least an hour. Good luck.

I am also 6'-2" mostly legs and I have absolutely no problem with legroom. In fact, this was one of the reasons I purchased my NSX because the legroom was adequate for my leg length. Good luck on your search for an NSX and let me know if I can be of assistance if you want another set of eyes to look at a prospective purcahse here locally. Of course the best recommendation is to do a PPI inspection once you are serious about a purchase.

Hi, I am 6'2" and have no problem with legroom...in fact I find I am sliding the seat forward about 4" from the back wall, with a slightly more tilt back/recline. If I have it slid back any further, I can't push the clutch all the way to the floor. I find headroom a bit bit tight, (Targa) so the slight angle recline helps, and is still comfortable.

My son is 6'4", and very wide....he for sure has some headroom issues, but leg room still ok. He finds that with his Nike Shox cross trainers, his size 13 feet make the pedal work tricky...as they are very close together. So when I let him drive, he ususally has to take his shoes off.

Best thing is to take the offer to sit in one, get a feel for it, and play with the pedals...getting in and out is far worse than actually sitting and driving it....

The ergonomics are excellent for where everything is located, viewing, etc....hope it works out for you.

Hi, I am 6'2" and have no problem with legroom...in fact I find I am sliding the seat forward about 4" from the back wall, with a slightly more tilt back/recline. If I have it slid back any further, I can't push the clutch all the way to the floor. I find headroom a bit bit tight, (Targa) so the slight angle recline helps, and is still comfortable.

I am also 6'2", 205lbs - the fit is perfect, and my seat is not all the way back, there are perhaps 2-3" of additional rear clearance with everything adjusted.

The car has an adjustable steering wheel, and the seat allows taller people to get into the car no problem (slightly tilted). I have driven both NSX-T and coupe NSX's, the coupe is a better fit as the seat doesn't adjust up/down (only tilt), and the coupe has about 1" of additional internal clearance.

First NSX I ever saw was in 1992. It was at a stop light at 24th Street and Camelback (very upscale-Biltmore area) and one Phoenix's best known celebrity's at the time was driving....Phoenix Suns "Thunder" Dan Marjele.

Dan is 6' 6" and weighs 215. He looked a little cramped but was having the time off his life as he sped away on the green light.

He fit so I am sure someone 6' 2" should fit assuming they aren't super overweight!

I am also 6'2", 205lbs - the fit is perfect, and my seat is not all the way back, there are perhaps 2-3" of additional rear clearance with everything adjusted.

The car has an adjustable steering wheel, and the seat allows taller people to get into the car no problem (slightly tilted). I have driven both NSX-T and coupe NSX's, the coupe is a better fit as the seat doesn't adjust up/down (only tilt), and the coupe has about 1" of additional internal clearance.

Back