Prospective NSX owner

Hey,
My name i Sean and i'm interested in purchasing a 91-92 acura nsx. i have always loved the looks of the car even though the car is not so fast. currently i own a 99 dodge viper gts acr with 2,000 miles on it and its a great car and always will keep it but i want to add an nsx to my stable as well. i've never driven one or rode in one but i was tossing up the idea of a ferrar f355 but dont want the cost that comes with it. how do you think ill like the nsx.

awsome 1 post LOL. i would if i could but i live in fayetteviile, nc like 2 here. my father is a huge car collector ive driven vipers prowlers cuda's superbirds his maybach 57 buddies ferrari 355 but cant find anyone that has an nsx im almost tempted to buy one without driving it just because im so in love with the looks i love my viper but i think i like the nsx looks just a tad more i don't know why. i guess its just that beautiful of a car LOL. i mean i really don't care that its not z06 or viper fast all i want to do to the car is header, cai, exhaust, 19"s back 18"s front 5% tint all the way around and an indash dvd player. so im not to caught up on the speed i just want something nnot many people have. hell theres 15-20 vipers here LOL

Granted, I am not an NSX owner, but the NSX is one of the best. It doesn't have the high maintaince costs compared to a Ferrari. It is sporty and luxurious in a sense. It is unique, about 8600 produced for the USA in its 15 year run. I would suggest looking at a 98+ NSX as its a 3.2 vs 3.0 litre motor and has a 6sp vs. the 5 sp. What is your budget exactly?

i have always loved the looks of the car even though the car is not so fast.

i've never driven one or rode in one but i was tossing up the idea of a ferrar f355 but dont want the cost that comes with it.

how do you think ill like the nsx.

i mean i really don't care that its not z06 or viper fast

all i want to do to the car is header, cai, exhaust, 19"s back 18"s front 5% tint all the way around and an indash dvd player. so im not to caught up on the speed i just want something nnot many people have. hell theres 15-20 vipers here LOL

Why go through I/H/E if you don't care about speed :confused: And if you've never driven nor sat in a NSX, what makes it so unbearably slow?

Can't really say how you'll like it. Why don't you try and hit up a Prime member that lives near you and go for a ride? Perhaps it would be gracious of you to also offer that Prime member a ride in your ACR :)

Your ACR is miles faster and has way more torque I believe...

Jetpilot

Sean,
Hello, I live up in the Raleigh area (Holly Springs), not too far from you. We have about 2 dozen owners in the immediate metro area. I'm sure we can arrange a get together and have you get familiar with the NSX.

As far as the lack of a response to you post, I think you have to consider the timing (2-3 days before Christmas). Most of us are pre-occupied with holiday activities, travel, etc. I just heard a report on Thursday that 1/3rd of men hadn't STARTED their Christmas shopping yet!!!

At any rate, if you have sincere interest, we'll get you connected with one or more owners who will more than willing to share their NSX experience with you.

Merry Christmas

John Komar

Sean,

You are very close to many NSX owners in the Triangle area. You are right ,compared to the Viper the NSX is going to be a tad slow, but it is an awesome automobile that has the looks and performance that I doubt that you will be disappointed in. It is very rare car and one that you can use as a DD if you wanted. The Ferrari would be a nice add to the collection and one that I one day hopefully will add too. I have a friend that sells them in Charlotte and it seems as if all of the Ferrari owners end up with garage Queens because the cars are wound up so tight that they get expensive when you start putting miles on them to enjoy. I have always thought the point of a car collection was to enjoy them as they are ment to be. . . driven. If I wanted to collect cars to just look at I would have stuck to Matchbox cars, they are cheaper and I could collect a heck of a lot more.

It took me about 4 months to find an NSX that I thought was a good fit, be patient and the right one will pop up. In the spring the Triagle chapter will probably have some events that you can get your fill of the NSX and learn all there is to know.

Good luck!
:biggrin:

Sean: Ive owned three Vipers (Gen I/II/III - see sig) and now have an 04 NSX. All my vipers were modded as well (I/H/E/susp/etc). The Vipers are BEASTs (as you know), and the hp/tq straight out of the box is fantastic. My Blue/White 97 GTS dynod 423/446 with just smooth tubes! I LOVED all my Vipers, but hp/tq isnt everything IMO. I can honestly tell you that my NSX is just as much fun because of its overall balance. It just does EVERYTHING so well, and does so with exotic looks, reliability, and comfort. The NSX is just so easy to live with, which is what Im looking for nowadays:biggrin:

Since this isnt a comparo and you are keeping your ACR, IMO you will enjoy the NSX. However, as everyone said, you need to drive one for yourself and then make a decision. Any reason why you are going with early NSXs? Go for a 3.2 6spd at least.

Seems like you are an enthusiast, so as long as you are realistic and understand what the NSX has to offer, then you will not be disappointed. PM me if you want addnl info or comparisons and Id be glad to help. Good luck.

i really would like to stick with the 91 and 92 is just b/c of cost and i really would like 1st year. i love the looks of the early gens and think id be satisfied with the 3.0. the only reason i wanted dto do i/e/h/ would be for sound. they improve the sound quatlity of everything so not so much for speed. on my way home from durham i saw a black nsx about 6:30 at night going towards raleigh on i40 anyone in here. id love to check one out in person if anyone wouldn't mind. also how are 91 or 92 models with like 60k,70,or even 80k miles

Hi Sean...I am probably the person to talk to as I seem to have the car that would answer all your questions and your future mods. My car is the following: (this is how the car came when I purchased it for $29,000 Cdn last year)

1991 Black on Black
210,000 kms
Wings WestBody Kit
Tein Flex Adjustable Suspension
Dali Exhaust
Alpine CD/DVD/ 10" Sub, Upgraded JL Audio Speakers
19" / 18" Niche Rhine Rims
New Speed Sensor
Valve Adjustment
New Cam Plug Seals, Valve Cover Seals
Dali Coolant Resevoir
New Timing/ Water Pump
Tinted Windows -front, side and back

The car is PHAT and it goes like a scalded Indian...lol...or Jack-the Bear...either one!:tongue:

It is a true exotic and it handles like a dream...and looks better than a Viper or a Corvette. Ferraris and Lamborgs are definately the "cat's meow" when it comes to looks and sound...but they are absolutley unreliable!!:eek:

222222.jpg

Image03333.jpg

Image04444.jpg

For those who follow wrestling...this is Bret Hart's house in Calgary - :wink:

The car is truely stunning - and it complements the individual who wants to be different!! Vettes and Vipers are a dollar-a-dozen...Mustangs are a dime-a-dozen...some people like to follow the crowd - others like to be themselves...you choose.

Merry Christmas All...and God's Speed

Dam:cool:

thats alot of miles on that car. any reliability issues with the car i found a couple with 60k and 70k even 80k miles. i wouldn't mind it having that many miles as long as the engine is relaible for another 50k. i see at science of speed they rebuild them for 4k which isnt a bad price but i want a driver not a 10k mile garage queen but yet i dont want a pos either

thats alot of miles on that car. any reliability issues with the car i found a couple with 60k and 70k even 80k miles. i wouldn't mind it having that many miles as long as the engine is relaible for another 50k. i see at science of speed they rebuild them for 4k which isnt a bad price but i want a driver not a 10k mile garage queen but yet i dont want a pos either

80k is nothing for these cars...they're just getting broken in at that point. :smile:

As long as you do your timing belt/water pump and keep the engine gaskets fresh, the NSX will keep driving for a LONG time. (plenty of high mileage cars on here)

Sean...100,000 miles is nothing on an NSX - and in the case of my car, people are astounded that it is 16 years old!! What you need to understand is that the NSX is meant to reach and surpass the 150,000 mile mark...Ferraris and Lamborghinis were never meant to reach th100,000 mile mark!!

Please remember that we are a proud group of exotic car owners - and that is because we recognize the fact that we have taste and intelligence when it comes to owning a sports car!! Our choice is flawless - it is hand-assembled and limited in production - in turn, it marks a turning point in exotic sports car design and manufacturing.

God's Speed...

Dam:cool:

how cautious would yall be to purchase an nsx with like 120,000 miles i found some good good good deals on some with that many miles.

how cautious would yall be to purchase an nsx with like 120,000 miles i found some good good good deals on some with that many miles.

An NSX with 100K+ on the odo is not a big deal. Of course if all the maintanence is up to date the car should be strong. Just remember that if you buy one with 120k and you put another 50k on it, it will be more difficult to sell. Also, if you have doubts about looking at an odo with that many miles on it, I'd opt for a lower mileage car. I bought my NSX with 4,100 miles on it and I now have 67,xxx. I know I won't mind seeing 100k on it as I will be the person who accumulated the mileage. Just my $0.02.

im not to concerned with resale of this car b/c i usually keep my cars forever. i dont like to part with them except for my daily driver. just like my viper ive had it for a few years dad gave it to me for graduation of college he had it since new but he had 2 other vipers that he never drove so it was no big deal really.

i really would like to stick with the 91 and 92 is just b/c of cost and i really would like 1st year. i love the looks of the early gens and think id be satisfied with the 3.0. the only reason i wanted dto do i/e/h/ would be for sound. they improve the sound quatlity of everything so not so much for speed. on my way home from durham i saw a black nsx about 6:30 at night going towards raleigh on i40 anyone in here. id love to check one out in person if anyone wouldn't mind. also how are 91 or 92 models with like 60k,70,or even 80k miles

If cost is a factor, forget about the 355. There are too many reasons to list why an F-car will cost you more than the NSX.

I would echo the other owners here and suggest you go for a ride in an NSX. You'll be hooked, and no one will ever walk up to you and tell you your car is slow. :)

Back