Prospective NSX owner introduction

Well I just wanted to formally introduce myself. My names Erik Blanco and I’m a long time NSX fan. I been lurking this site for years and just a few days ago decided it would be easier to keep up with every post if I just registered…lol. Not until the pass few years have I really set my mind on wanting one. I drove a Z06 a few weeks ago while home on leave and second guessed my wishes for a NSX but I think I have ruled it out and I’m back to the "dam I cant wait to get mine" feeling! lol

Anyway I really want a 2003 plus model but there are a few things Id like to do to the car once I get it that I don’t think I'll have the extra cash to throw around if I do get a newer one. What can I possible want to change on a already badass car? Well I'd like to lower it and change the wheels. I'd also like a really simple lip kit and be done with the car and just enjoy driving her.

I'm a long time Acura owner as I bought my 2000 Integra Type R in early 2000. There is pretty much nothing left to do to the car. Well over $30,000 in mods alone. Wishing I would have just got a NSX from the get go...lol. But anyway I don’t want to go over the top with the NSX just something to drive daily, look nice. I’m not worried about speed and all that. I just need a daily driver that I can enjoy.

OK I talked about why Im here, the car I want, the car I have and last but not least myself. Im 28, in the Air Force and been in for almost 11 years. I’m married, have a daughter that’s 10 months and I’m stationed in Turkey right now. I’m originally from Miami, FL (yes English is my 2nd language so go easy on me, lol), once I came in the Air Force I got stationed in Germany for 2.5 years, then I spent just over 6 years in Shreveport, LA, came over here for 2 years and now I’m heading back to the states to Wyoming :( (Not by choice at all) So it's going to be hard driving a Acura up there let alone a NSX but dammit I will do it. lol...look forward to bugging the hell out of you guys for as much info on the NSX as I can get and getting to know yous. Feel free to tell me all the do's and don’ts while searching for my dream car :biggrin:

Welcome and nice intro btw!The biggest advantage in buying a used nsx is patience. Try to determine a reasonable bugget and stick to it.pick your model range and things of most importance.Most would say that the 3.2 liter 6 speed of the 97 and up cars is most important.Some like the facelift look after 02.Some purists like the original early coupes.Try getting a list of potential candidates from the usual scources ie nsxprime,autotrader,ebay,craigs list ect then when you have narrowed the list look to the local forums for members to give you more info on the car or even physicaly look them over before spending $ on a ppi.If you are a car guy and a honda fan the nsx is the pinnacle!

Agreed! Ricers dream machine is the NSX! lol...jk...well not really.

Yea the 3.2 is what I want but I love th enew look as well. I got a lot more reading to do to figure out exactly what I want tho. But I have a lot of time on my hands and I will have even more once I get to WY :frown: lol.

I was leaning more towards the 02 plus but now I think the 97 up will be ok and I can always just get the conversion later on down the road. Im looking to try and pay cash for the car so I have to keep it in range (30-40k)

Agreed! Ricers dream machine is the NSX! lol...jk...well not really.

Yea the 3.2 is what I want but I love th enew look as well. I got a lot more reading to do to figure out exactly what I want tho. But I have a lot of time on my hands and I will have even more once I get to WY :frown: lol.

I was leaning more towards the 02 plus but now I think the 97 up will be ok and I can always just get the conversion later on down the road. Im looking to try and pay cash for the car so I have to keep it in range (30-40k)

02+ is gonna be in the 50K or higher range. :eek:

02+ is gonna be in the 50K or higher range. :eek:

yea the more and more i read and look, the more Im noticing that. I might wait a few more months once I get back to the states and see how many months out of the year Ill be able to drive the car before I do anything.

Hi Erik,

Welcome to the NSXPrime family.

As mentioned earlier, be patient. Know exactly what you are more or less looking for, i.e price range, color, because when you see an NSX that you like you need to be prepared to pull the trigger.

Good luck in your search!

Hi Erik,

Welcome to the NSXPrime family.

As mentioned earlier, be patient. Know exactly what you are more or less looking for, i.e price range, color, because when you see an NSX that you like you need to be prepared to pull the trigger.

Good luck in your search!

Thanks! :smile:

Back