Prospective MY 05 owner

Transitioning between Jacksonville and LA.
Hello everybody,
I am considering purchasing an 05 NSX. I used to own an 05 S2000, but this past december I unfortunately totaled the vehicle due to driver error. I replaced it with an Acura RL, I wanted something more practical and safer, but I miss having a sports car. Thanks to recent developments it is now feasible for me to buy a weekend car and keep my RL as a DD. I thought about getting a S2K CR but am now considering a NSX, probably around MY 05. If all goes according to plan I should be picking one out in about two months.

I just wanted to say hello to everyone here and I hope to be a part of your community soon. Wish me luck.

Lorenzo

welcome to NSX prime!

Keep checking the classifieds here on the site as some 05's have been popping up. Just listed is a black/black w/8900 miles....

Good luck with the search!

Good luck, Lorenzo! I own an '05 Suzuka blue S2000 and an '05 Long Beach Blue Pearl NSX. I love both cars. I just got the NSX in March, after having it shipped from Chicago to Southern California.

IMG_2932Hondarears.jpg

Last edited:
Hello everybody,
I am considering purchasing an 05 NSX. I used to own an 05 S2000, but this past december I unfortunately totaled the vehicle due to driver error. I replaced it with an Acura RL, I wanted something more practical and safer, but I miss having a sports car. Thanks to recent developments it is now feasible for me to buy a weekend car and keep my RL as a DD. I thought about getting a S2K CR but am now considering a NSX, probably around MY 05. If all goes according to plan I should be picking one out in about two months.

I just wanted to say hello to everyone here and I hope to be a part of your community soon. Wish me luck.

Lorenzo

05s are the best! :wink: There are a couple nice ones available. Good luck in your search!

I'm going to go a bit against the grain here and suggest an '02-'04, unless you're looking at something still in the warranty to protect you from any used car issues. The '05's have a premium because they are the last model year and the cars from '02 onward are basically the same thing, but less expensive. Either way, it is an awesome time to buy a NSX (or any sportscar for that matter) as prices have come down about 10% in the past 6 months or so. Good luck in your search.

Good luck, Lorenzo! I own an '05 Suzuka blue S2000 and an '05 Long Beach Blue Pearl NSX. I love both cars. I just got the NSX in March, after having it shipped from Chicago to Southern California.

I have still yet to drive an NSX. Right now I am on business, but will be able to test drive one when I get back home in the beginning of August. Owning both, how would you compare them?

I have still yet to drive an NSX. Right now I am on business, but will be able to test drive one when I get back home in the beginning of August. Owning both, how would you compare them?

They are both solid Hondas. I have only put about 1,400 miles on my NSX though, compared to about 120,000 miles on the '01 and '05 S2000s I've owned, so I'm really not qualified to give a true opinion on the NSX. I can say that the NSX is much more fun as far as torque and acceleration. My '05 NSX rides much smoother and softer than the '05 S2000. You know how the S screams when you rev it? The NSX is much quieter about it although it sounds good. The S will do 50mph in 2nd gear but the NSX will do 70 mph. I love the way the S handles in curves but I have yet to get the feel for the NSX in curves. It seems like it will do well but I haven't had the chance yet.

A friend of mine, Tom R, socals on S2ki, and socalx on prime, also owns both. He should be able to give you a better answer than I can.

Welcome :) What made you decide to persue an '05? Take a look in the wiki for changes by year and you'll get a feel for the differences between '02 and up.

Welcome :) What made you decide to persue an '05? Take a look in the wiki for changes by year and you'll get a feel for the differences between '02 and up.

The main reason that I am looking for an 05 is because I want the car to be as new as possible. I also have two fiero's but I almost never drive them, and 84 show car(which was my first car) and an 88 vette powered monster(which I have been trying to sell for a couple months). I have yet to drive anything that packs the same 'balls to the wall' feel as that fiero, but I am looking for something with a good deal of civility and refinement, as well as good overall performance and great looks.

Last edited:
If you like the exposed headlight style then I would be shopping for the right 02-05 car,not just limiting myself to 05.also if your "total" was driver error I hope you have worked on the "nut behind the wheel" :wink: before you step into the nsx.Happy hunting:smile:

Same thing:

DSC07074-copy.jpg

DSC01525.jpg

came from an 02 S2000 and also have an RL ...

As Kyras said, the NSX is a bit "softer" suspension wise than the S2k, that can easily be fixed with a good suspension ... also I agree, you should focus on 02-05's .. this kind of car have almost no difference if it came from a good owner (better if the NSX had only ONE owner) to put in prospective, i sold my 02 S2k with 50K flat miles and bought my 97 with 58K miles, and I think my 12 y.o. looks as good if not even better than the 02 car .... :)

Either way, welcome and enjoy!!

Oscar

PS: Since you came from a S2000 i recommend you always to get the 3.2 NSX ... the 3.0 NSX is faster than your S2k for not "much faster" , the 3.2 in other hand it feels faster.

There are quite a few s2000 / nsx owners here! :)

You can't compare the cars as each one has it's merits and downfalls. I love both for different uses. I do agree a 2004/2005 nsx is your best bet if you can afford it. Best year s2000 is also 2005 for some key reasons!

IMG_1603.jpg

Uhem...coming from an ex-2002 NSX owner I wouldn't just shop for an 05. There are some killer deals on 02 thru 05 models and the changes are subtle except for remote keyless entry for 04 and 05. Same cassette deck in all!

Here's my ex-Imola - dare anyone to say it isn't as good as an 05 hehe ;) and my current S2000 (until I pick up another NSX). Welcome to the fray!

DSC00485.jpg

DSC00422.jpg

Back