Prospective Buyer In Arkansas Looking for Advice

Hey guys, I have actually been on the site for almost a year but I rarely post because I have been reading up. My name is Dewayne and I currently live in the town of El Dorado AR. Just a quick background of me, I have been a honda guy for a while previously owning an 93 Integra and a 2000 prelude (still own it). At the end of last year I picked up a 95 rx7 for a hell of a deal but have never got to urge to really sink any money into it so she sits. I have always loved Supras and the Nsx and am proud to say I can afford either one of them now (not bad for a 27yr old I guess). After a lot of thought I have decided to go with the Nsx but I have a question.

1) I love the looks of the 02+ Nsx, with that being said should wait and find a nice 02 or possibly pick up a 95-01 and perform an 02 conversion

Thank you in advance to anyone that helps me out with this...

I'm a bit of a car purist, so IMHO, don't go chop up another earlier NSX just for the 02 look. Please, Please.....

+1

If you like the look of an 02-05 that much you have waited a year already. I dont know how long you have been looking for a NSX but, most on this forum would agree that a year and/or longer isnt uncommon at all to find the right NSX that fits you and what you want.

IMHO I say wait till you find an 02-05 that you really like it has some added extras that a 95-01 doesnt have. There are many threads that talk about these difference in great length.

Good luck on your decision and search!

I'm a bit of a car purist, so IMHO, don't go chop up another earlier NSX just for the 02 look. Please, Please.....

I agree with Sid on this absolutely! Wait for the right one and don't chop one up! If you can afford anything you want - well you shouldn't have any problems finding one - actually with a completely open pocket book I am finding it hard to believe you haven't already found one.

If you have budget constraints well that's different - most on this site do have some. Keep at it - something will turn up with "your" name on it.

Good luck!

When it comes to buying something always get the best, if you cant afford the best then save a little longer. In the end you will always appreciate it more, and never wish you had something better. So get EXACTLY what you want, dont get impatient.

My $0.02

Jman

Considering that it cost roughly $7K to convert to the 02+ look, I think it would be smarter to use that money to buy the real deal. Especially considering resale value, a face lifted early car isn't going to sell for enough to recoup much of the money spent on the conversion.

Back