• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prospective Buyer CA registration help.

Hello everyone, I'm quite new to this community. I'm interested in purchasing a NA1 out of state but it has these following modifications: Comptech Supercharger, NA2 headers, RSR exhaust, and Downforce Air intake scoop inside fender leading to OEM air box. Would the following pass California registration/smog? I know for the CT supercharger, I'd need to create a CARB sticker because it won't come with one. Thank you for any help possible.

Is it worth looking into registering it in Montana?

No, that's really only for taxes, and it doesn't make much sense unless you have a 7-figure car collection.

The CT supercharger is CARB-approved. The car has an OEM airbox and the exhaust presumably doesn't delete the catalytic converters. Assuming that it's running right and there aren't any engine mods other than what was listed, the OP will be fine.

Thank you everyone for the help. Everything listed is what the seller has modified and has receipts for. Knowing how strict California is, I just wanted to see if there were other people who had a similar history. Thanks again everyone.

@fastfwd You're correct, it still has OEM cats.

Back