Production and Sales Numbers - complete list

This is a picture taken from the appendix of the new Brian Long Book "NSX Honda's Supercar"
It shows the complete production figures for 1990-2003, using factory-provided information.

attachment.php

Attachments

• NSX Sales and Production 16.gif
    NSX Sales and Production 16.gif
    77.7 KB · Views: 444
Just a few notes about those figures... They are based on the years that the cars were sold, not on their model year. They are taken from Honda's press website, where they have been available for the past several years. They are not quite complete (quite aside from 2004-2005, which are already on the website, and 2006, which will appear there - remember, there will be a few sales in the 2006 calendar year, even though they aren't the 2006 model year); they don't include sales in Latin America.

EDIT: Just realized that the "Asia" sales shown include Australia/New Zealand...

Last edited:
1'373 sold in Europe, around 300 sold in Switzerland (I know they were 260 at the beginning of year 2000, confirmed by Honda Switzerland).

21% of the sold NSX in Europe is not bad at all! :)

Not a wonder we are now big NSX expoters (two for me alone... :D )

austrian type-R said:
from 1990 up to 2003 it should be 417 NSX in the regions which are not listed.
That's the difference between the two totals shown above, but that isn't the exact total of the sales in the other regions. Part of that difference of 417 cars also consists of cars built during 2003 but not yet sold by the end of the year (either in transit to dealers, or sitting in dealer showrooms and lots).

When a model is discontinued, you will see some cars sold afterwards; for example, you'll see some NSX sales in 2006, even though production ended in 2005.

mskrotzki said:
Anyone ever figure out the split between left and right hand drive NSXs?
I've never seen a source of information for that split. The European market figures above include cars built for the U.K. as well as for the continent.

Back