• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Problem with purchase from Auto Trim Design

Hmm,
Perhaps someone can give me advice on how to act on the following:

I am in Europe, a few weeks ago I bought through Ebay and ordered some additional items direct from a company called Auto Trim Design, all to be shipped as one shipment, I paid the total order through Paypal.

Now just over 2 weeks since they told me the order has shipped, I still haven't received anything.

When sending them email enquiring what has happend, how long the shipping was estimated, I received the following email:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your email. We appreciate your concern.

Once shipments have been passed onto the USPS; delivery date is out of our control. Global Priority Mail does not allow for any additional services such as tracking. We have found Global Priority mail be very reliable and prompt service.
As unfortunate as a situation as it may be, lost or misdirected mail is out of our control and we cannot be held liable for such loss.
We do however sympathize in these situations and offer replacement product at a discount due to circumstances.
We are here to assist you if you are interested in replacement product.
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems a bit odd answer to me:
-no answer on to how long the shipping is estimated
-they immediatly assume the shipment lost
-they immediatly state not beeing responsible
-even though this never seems to happen, they state that in these situations they offer replacement product at discounted price.
So it never happens, but they have a discount plan now it does seem to have happened!!?? Sounds strange to me!!

Before buying, I asked them for the shipping quote to ship to Europe, not stating how I wanted it shipped, so they made the shipping choice.
Am I incorrect to have expected some insurance on the shipping?

I will wait another week or so and if nothing arrives, what will be the best way to act on this??

You should dispute this with PayPal IMMEDIATELY before your time lapses! If the product does arrive, cancel the dispute. If it does not, then you are protected because you contacted PayPal in a timely manner(i.e. within their guidelines).

I have done this once. The product did eventually arrive and I cancelled the dispute. No harm done as I explained to the seller why I disputed the charge.

Once I patiently waited on a part, and finally was told that their were having issues with PayPal, and to contact PayPal to dispute. PayPal's time allotted to dispute payment had passed, and I was S.O.L.!

Re: Vendors and Buying Forum Members Beware!

You should dispute this with PayPal IMMEDIATELY before your time lapses! If the product does arrive, cancel the dispute. If it does not, then you are protected because you contacted PayPal in a timely manner(i.e. within their guidelines).

I have done this once. The product did eventually arrive and I cancelled the dispute. No harm done as I explained to the seller why I disputed the charge.

Once I patiently waited on a part, and finally was told that their were having issues with PayPal, and to contact PayPal to dispute. PayPal's time allotted to dispute payment had passed, and I was S.O.L.!

I see Paypal has a max period of 45 days to start a dispute.
I will wait a few more days for the chance of receiving something (it has been about 20 days now since I made payment).
After that it will still easily be within the dispute period to start up things...

Hi
I have some experience shopping both via e-Bay and directly from US Companies. Sometimes USPS is really slow, especially around holidays.
I once waited nearly three months. On the other hand, I also had one delivery in 4 days including customers clearance and shipping in Norway (which both can be really slow in Norway).
My advice is to wait a few more days, but be sure to start the dispute before the 45 days run out.
As a curiousity, I bought an item in January via e-Bay from NL which took 14 days in transit from NL to NO (TNT). :rolleyes:

Back