• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Problem with John McCain Racing

This guy posted a oem console for sale last Dec. 7 and promised to ship right away. So knowing he's been here on prime for a long time I didn't think twice. Response to my question was instant until I sent the payment. After 3 weeks and several attempts to contact him - I complaint to paypal and they asked me to file a claim. It's been more than a month now since I sent the payment Dec. 07 and still no word from John McCain Racing - no product.

There were other people here who has the same problem with this guy who contacted me so I guess mine is not an isolated case but a case of taking advantage of the shared respect/trust of members here in NSXprime.

I did get the information that he works as a Service Manager from below:

Pohanka Acura
John McCain
13911 Lee Jackson Hwy
Chantilly, VA 20120

Since all attempts to recover my money has been futile I'll be contacting my cousin who is a Deputy District Attorney in LA County to seek legal solution. I wish there's an easier solution on all this.

Anyone who has a problem with John McCain Racing - Please contact me asap.

Does anybody know John McCain of Pohanka Acura?

I already spoke with him this morning and he promised to get my refund in a couple of days.
So we'll see how it goes.

Last edited:
It's been two weeks now since this guy John McCain promised to refund our money including Ko-nsx. This is truly sad that a fellow Nsxprime member and a Pohanka Acura Dealer Sales Manager will do something like this. :frown:

If anyone can please help me to contact the local police department at Pohanka area - I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Back