'Probably' the most unique NSX in the world...

Hi,

This car is listed on Ebay over here in England. I have to say I've seen some over-the-top descriptions of cars for sale but this one is a cracker. I have a feeling there are several hundred Prime members who would beg to differ on the description of this one...but maybe I'm wrong, it has been known. What do you guys (and gals) think? It certainly looks clean - but the most unique in the world...maybe in Buckinghamshire... :biggrin:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1999-pp-HONDA...582384781QQcategoryZ18206QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Matt.

Yeah, it is unique allright. A 1999 with early model wheels and a black top. :biggrin:

djdrock said:
Yeah, it is unique allright. A 1999 with early model wheels and a black top. :biggrin:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Looks more like my '91...except it's an auto...and the wheel is on the wrong side. :)

I really like the color. Am iI crazy or does it not look like Sebring?

djdrock said:
Actually, having a black top does not necessarily make it an early model. All coupes have black tops unless you specifically order the matching top. You will see 1995+ coupes with black or matching top throughout the world.
Steve

redshift said:
unique... yes. desirable... no. :biggrin:

couldn't have said it better myself.

whiteNSXs said:
Actually, having a black top does not necessarily make it an early model. All coupes have black tops unless you specifically order the matching top. You will see 1995+ coupes with black or matching top throughout the world.
Steve

There was a Blue 2000 coupe with a black top @ NSXPO. I heard a story about a late model Yellow with a black top too. Late model black top coupes exist, but only in limited quantities- most folks seem to have gone for the T. I haven't seen many late model hard tops outside of the Zanardi's, so that makes them pretty rare too I guess.

It looks too dark to be Sebring silver, but the little early model factory wheels on there are enigmatic too...

I love this quote from the sale post

One day, this SUPERCAR will be changing hands for serious money?

Complete with question mark... Even the seller doesn't know for sure.

Philip

When did Honda change the color of the handbrake button from chrome to black?
My '95 has a black button.

Stupid question maybe... what are the buttons below the gear selector?

I'd like to know as well. Garage door opener?

Another data point, notice the exhaust tips? Looks pre-95 to me.

djdrock said:

I was wondering about that....did they still do that in other countries or is the ad wrong? Maybe the owner liked the early model wheels better. :confused:

I do like the color. It is almost like the Kaiser Silver that we had here back in 1997, but I am pretty sure it has a different name like 'Phantom Gray Pearl' or something.

they did unbelievably well to get £24k for this car - it is worth a lot less than that.

as is stated in the ad, it is a Japanese import - the UK NSX market does not hold imports at a premium over domestic cars.

it's an auto - in the UK autos tend to fetch less money than manuals and take longer to sell usually

IT IS NOT A 1999 CAR!!!

the black roof is a giveaway as are the 91-93 model wheels, which as has already been noted would not even fit over the 1997+ larger rotors.

there is a quirk in the system of registering imported vehicles when first arriving in the UK which can allow a car to appear newer than it is - this is a 1991-1993 manufactured car which was FIRST REGISTERED IN THE UK IN 1999. - thats the small print that many folks read as manufactured date - it isn't.

someone paid £24,000 (that's $42,500) for a 1993 auto with questionable mileage and service history. :eek:

takes allsorts I suppose!!

BTW - the little panel of switches in the centre console where you guys get a coin tray type area is standard in Japan and Europe - there's switches for front & rear foglamps (no rear in Japan though) and headlamp height/angle adjustment, and something else that I can't recall now.

It has ALWAYS been garaged and lest two very small marks which the chauffeur did trying to jump start it...

:rolleyes:

I think I need to hire a chauffeur to drive me around in the NSX...and also for all those times I need it jumpstarted.

I take my Driver AND my Bodyguard with me everywhere I go - I find the NSX trunk VERY confortable compared to the Porsche trunk - Although I find it harder to climb out of the NSX since the trunk is higher off the ground!

Either way, I have easy access to the CD changer so I listen to what I want. :wink:

Back