Primers running HIDs

Hey Primers,
I was installing a HID kit for my NSX and I noticed that I had to drilled a hole in my headlight cover which I did not like. I was wondering if any of you have any solutions or ideas instead of cutting a hole on the cover. I know is not a big deal but I don't like to cut OEM parts.

I hope any of you chime in.

I went with the whitensx kit and it was plug and play.

^^That's what I had on my 91 back in the day. It's a great kit and takes about 20 mins to install and everything is hidden in the headlight housing. Plus Whitensx backs up his work.

I put mine on 7 years ago without the covers and never looked back. no water gets inside, no haze from dirt etc.

though I have been thru 3-4 pairs of HID ballasts since they are only 30 bucks off ebay doesnt hurt the wallet.

Well I was working on a replacement for the OEM cover made exclusively to fit the aftermarket kits so I was trying to see if my idea was off. Seems like the covers are not necessary. I was planning to make a larger cover so the hid bulb will fit without any issues. I had the DDTunning kit but it wouldn't fit properly due to the shallow cover.
seqeza4a.jpg
epesavuq.jpg

dont stop working on it LOL I would buy a cover that works with aftermarket Hid plugs yes..... I just never had time to do a plastic/rubber grommet like what whitensx made. when I saw how he did his grommet I liked the idea and was well thought out.

I to drill a hole on my cover for my HID install. Had the HID for almost 3 year now no problem. Just a little hole won't hurt anything.

The DDM Tuning kit wires that go from the ballast/igniter to the bulbs pass through that oem plastic cover and include a 1" rubber grommet. You just drill a 1" diameter hole in the two plastic covers and run the wires through and seal with the grommet. I bought a pair of replacement oem covers on ebay for like $20 so if I ever decide to take out the HIDs I can put the car back to stock without the holes being in the caps.

e4yravep.jpg
2yra9yqe.jpg

Well here is the part before make a few runs. This cover is 20 mm longer and it has a hole of 24mm in diameter to fit the grommet of the DDTunning perfectly.

Next part, a custom made rear speaker bulkhead ready to fit 5 in speaker with a tweeter. No cut no drilling. :-)

e4yravep.jpg
2yra9yqe.jpg

well here is the part before make a few runs. This cover is 20 mm longer and it has a hole of 24mm in diameter to fit the grommet of the ddtunning perfectly.

Next part, a custom made rear speaker bulkhead ready to fit 5 in speaker with a tweeter. No cut no drilling. :-)
how much??!?!?!?

Well here is the final product, fits like OEM just a bit larger to allow enough room for the HID bulb fit and the rubber grommet to seal the whole kit. Unfortunately the price for this piece came out a bit more expensive that I was expecting, the 3D design and the printing process came out to 140 bucks for each pair. So as in right now I only made one one pair for myself, I know the price is not the most attractive one but custom stuff is never chaep if any of you guys are interested hit me up.
headlight cap.jpg

Here a little tease of a new bulkhead rear speaker piece Im working on, this piece will fit a 5.25" speaker instead of the baby one that most of the time never works.

bulkhead.jpg

Back