Price Sound About Right?

JH4NA1157MT002284

1991 5-speed NSX

87,135 miles

Is $28,000 about average for one in good shape from a dealer? I could see maybe if it was a '94 NSX-T. But what do you guys think?

If it has been well maintained and the 90K service is done, I would say it is not a bad deal.

A 94 in similar shape woudl be closer to 32K.

If the car is in good shape, that is not a bad value from a dealership. For that mileage in good condition you could probably get a slightly lower price, but the service history is very important as NetViper said. Check for service history (90K, timing belt, water pump) and other known '91 issues such as snap ring, window fix it thingies, etc. So not a terrible deal, but there might be better ones out there if you're patient depending on the condition of the car, or through a private seller.

BTW, it may have been a typo on your part, but the NSX-T wasn't available until '95, not '94.

Only reason why I would go through a dealership is because I could trade-in my car, and then finance the rest through them. But I may just end up seeing how much I can get through my bank and possibly try to sell my car and go private. I'd love to get a NSX-T '94, but it may be just out of my price-range at the moment...we'll see I guess.

Twinsen said:
Only reason why I would go through a dealership is because I could trade-in my car, and then finance the rest through them. But I may just end up seeing how much I can get through my bank and possibly try to sell my car and go private.
Depending on your state's laws, trading in a car at a dealership may give you a sales tax break as well (by only paying sales tax on the difference, rather than on the full amount of your purchase).

Back