price of 97 NSX with 10,600 Miles

dxd

Experienced Member
Hi Guys. Still on the hunt. What is a fair price for a 97' with 10,6xx miles. The car is clean but needs to be detailed. Not sure of the service history. Thanks for the input

Hi Guys. Still on the hunt. What is a fair price for a 97' with 10,6xx miles. The car is clean but needs to be detailed. Not sure of the service history. Thanks for the input

According to the handy dandy pricing chart found in the FAQ section here:

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/BuySell/pricing.htm

The price for a perfect, mint 97 with the miles you describe would be in the $50-55K price range.

Service history is important as the timing belt and water pump should aready be replaced due to age. Hopefully the tires are not original as well. I would want to see a recent (within the last 2 years) 30K service performed also including a replacement of all fluids. A valve adjustment probably isn't necessary.

If these things have not been done or records are missing than I would say as long as the car is otherwise pristine I would estimate it's value at around $45-50K. Missing records and delayed service are a hallmark of neglect and would definitely take the car from a potential A+ down to an A. The stated criteria for an A+ is "fully documented."

If the car is anything other than a museum showpiece and fastidiously maintained and fully documented it should be an A, not an A+, and should be valued at no more than $50K. If no proof of those services exist deduct the expected cost of those services from that max value.

Thanks for the help! What is the estimated cost of the 30k service and timing belt replacement? Thanks again!

Parts n labor in the neighborhood of 3-4k and you will probably need to get all your fluids changed as well as a valve adjustment if they have not been done in a while. I would familiarize myself with the FAQ if I was you...its good reading and can probably answer alot of the questions you have right now or might have in the future. This is a great helpful community but many have worn out there welcome by asking too many questions without trying to find the answers on there own.

My personal opinion only - the FAQ price list is out of date and the prices are a bit too high, especially for 97+ cars. The pricing for 91-94 seems stable.

I bought a 97 in Nov. 2006 with 23k miles, A- condition, for $43K. It did not have the timing belt service. It needs rear tires. Otherwise very fine condition but did not have all service records. Minor rock chips on the front bumper but paint and exterior overall 9.5/10. PPI from Flatiron Acura in Denver was very clean.

I do not believe there is a material difference between 10K miles and 25K miles on these cars. They are low mileage no matter what. I would not pay 50 for a 97 with 10K miles unless it had something compelling like mods meaningful to me (like Volk wheels, the exhaust I want, etc.). I have a bit of a mental problem with a 9 yr old car with such low mileage - how much time has it been sitting?

I bought a 97 in Nov. 2006 with 23k miles, A- condition, for $43K. It did not have the timing belt service. It needs rear tires. Otherwise very fine condition but did not have all service records. Minor rock chips on the front bumper
That's not "A- condition". That's "C condition". And the pricing chart in the FAQ says that such a car sells for $40-45K, which is exactly what you paid for it.

That's not "A- condition". That's "C condition". And the pricing chart in the FAQ says that such a car sells for $40-45K, which is exactly what you paid for it.

Hmm....I disagree on C condition for my car. 23K miles on a 97? That's not average mileage - it is much closer to low miles for 9 years. And the interior/exterior are excellent, not average. Yes it has deferred maintenance. Although it doesn't have all service records all available evidence is that it was very well maintained. The PPI by an NSX certified mechanic at a respected dealer is additional proof to me.

On strict reading of the FAQ - I'll agree A- is probably too generous.

I agree with Ken that the car you're describing sounds like a nice NSX but it is not an "A-" car.

I would familiarize myself with the FAQ if I was you...its good reading and can probably answer alot of the questions you have right now or might have in the future. This is a great helpful community but many have worn out there welcome by asking too many questions without trying to find the answers on there own.

Werd.

Attachments

• Mr T pity FAQ.JPG
    Mr T pity FAQ.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 52
Iss not so much the rock chips, more having to spend several thousand the day you picked it up.:wink:
Yup. It's called "lack of maintenance" in the description of conditions in the pricing section of the FAQ.

In the absence of any more specific information, I assumed the rock chips are just a few, and consistent with the mileage.

On the car described, the mileage is below average (average for NSXs is 5K miles/year), which is typical of an "A" or "B" condition car, but the timing belt replacement is three years overdue and it needs tires, which are typical of a "D" condition car.

Back