Price impact due to wreck

After years of lusting after an NSX I am ready to purchase one. I did have a Lotus Elise in between but am now trading up. Anyway, there is a 96 nearby (41,000 miles) that has been wrecked, $6500 damage to the rear end. It has been fixed and I cannot see any evidence of the former damage. Supposedly just a new bumper and some 'other' work - I havent seen the repair bill yet. Also, he does not have the receipts from the former owner (2 owner car). Any guesses on the price adjustment for these flaws?

Thanks for any advice. Great site by the way - lots of good info.

$6500 worth or damage on an NSX is far from a wreck. I wont name names but I know of a Prime member who bought a brand new NSX, with almost $50k in damage before the car hit 1k miles:eek: Thats wrecked:wink:

Thats what I told my son - $6500 damage to an NSX is probably not that much damage.

As for the title being clear - excuse my ignorance but does that just mean he has the title - ie he owns the car with no liens? If so, yes he does have the title - although I have not seen it.

captainwdr said:
Thats what I told my son - $6500 damage to an NSX is probably not that much damage.

As for the title being clear - excuse my ignorance but does that just mean he has the title - ie he owns the car with no liens? If so, yes he does have the title - although I have not seen it.

Clear title, i.e no salvage or wreck history:wink: Different states have different terms and titles:wink:

Have seen a Lime Green Type-S from 1997 in Japan it has head a crash and the front was repaired, Looks perfectly fine. has 73,000KM
http://www.wintel.co.jp/wintel/owa/...ocklist&in_designno=&in_cssno=&in_shop_disp=0

I asked my exporter for some details this is what he mailed me:

For your information,
1. damaged the chassis -> repaired
Accident history
2. damaged the core support bar -> replaced
Accident history
3. damaged the core support bar -> repaired
No-accident history
4. damaged the body panel -> replaced
No-accident history.

the price is 5,700,000 That's very cheap for a Type-S there about 7,000,000 to 9,000,000

Not sure if i am still interested in it sure looks great. Normally in don't even think about cars that head a accident history but a lime green Type-S is kind of special.

Last edited:
Why does this seedo in this Type-S only go to 180 KMH, when my US Spec goes to 180 MPH?
366-1_000451-5.jpg

Greg Z said:
Why does this seedo in this Type-S only go to 180 KMH, when my US Spec goes to 180 MPH?
366-1_000451-5.jpg

Looks like they got confused when they made those gauges. :D

That's on most Japanese cars.
and that's the first part i would change on a NSX with a 340KM speedo and have the restrictors removed!

180 mph is for show :P

car wont max out around 165 ish.

dont the japanese have a speed limiter of 180k/h? so it does not need to go any faster :tongue:

Back