Price check and questions regarding potential purchase

So I received a used car information package (provided by ministry of transportation) from a seller, and noticed that a number of the past registrants are car dealers or subsidiaries of the dealers (i.e., leasing/financing operations). Is this common practice (in Ontario/Canada)? On top of that the first party to register the car in August 1990 seems to be a company, any ideas? Only 3/7 (including current owner) seems to be individual owners.

I checked Carproof and it indicates that the car has spent its entire life in Ontario.

Also, another question that is completely unrelated to the above. The Carproof shows that an insurance claim of ~$1800 CAD was made in 2004, is this deemed to be a lot for a NSX? I understand that it is difficult to gauge the impact of the damage based on just the cost, but maybe some of you guys can pitch in your $0.02. Unfortunately, I was also told by the current owner that all documentations of the car were lost in a move a couple of years ago. No maintenance records, documentations of anything. Owner has only done oil changes in his 8-9 yr ownership. It also appears that the car has only been driven ~3,000 km in his ownership based on the difference in the current mileage and the mileage on the used car information package when current owner purchased it.

AC is out (may be an expensive fix from what I have been reading), TB&WP needs to be replaced for sure, windows are slow. Hoses, gaskets and fluids will all need to be replaced/changed.

The price definitely reflects the work needed.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Whoops, was changing the contents from my other thread and copied and pasted directly onto here.

Anyways, here are the details:
Canadian car, 1991, 140,000 km / 87,000 miles, clean title

Knowing that the car has no service records and owner has done only oil changes in the past 9 years, needs AC repair, TB&WP, hoses, gaskets, tires, fluids, and probably more to catch up on the scheduled maintenances. Is it worth the risk to buy and replace everything then at least I will know the condition of the parts replaced, or buy one with everything already replaced? I would hate to get into the situation where I have to "cut my losses". Just thinking out loud and hopefully some SMEs (subject matter experts) can chime in.

I also plan on having a PPI performed, but I know PPI and car reports only show so much.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back