Pre-Run to NSXPO,Great Place to take car pics on the Carrizo Plain

Not too many places where you can stop your car on a highway, get out and take pictures safely. But on Highway 58 in central California between Paso Robles (Hwy 101) and Interstate 5 is one area where you can.
Almost zero traffic, fantastic scenery and a very fun drive. If you ever pass by in your travels, try and find the time to check out this hidden gem of a road.

Or it's going to be included in Day 1 of the optional two day drive for for the NSXCA Bay Area Chapter run to NSXPO in Vegas in October. The second day traversing through spectacular Death Valley National Park. The 650 mile drive is entirely on two lane back roads, no boring interstates for this group.

If you in your NSX would like to join in on this two day adventure check us out at http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134843.

IMG_4049.jpg

IMG_4050.jpg

IMG_4051.jpg

IMG_4054.jpg

IMG_4055.jpg

IMG_4057.jpg

IMG_4058.jpg

IMG_4059.jpg

IMG_4061.jpg

IMG_4063.jpg

IMG_4064.jpg

IMG_4065.jpg

IMG_4066.jpg

IMG_4067.jpg

IMG_4068.jpg

IMG_4071.jpg

IMG_4072.jpg

IMG_4073.jpg

IMG_4081.jpg

IMG_4086.jpg

IMG_4087.jpg

IMG_4088.jpg

IMG_4091.jpg

IMG_4093.jpg

IMG_4094.jpg

IMG_4096.jpg

IMG_4102.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j105/yojack1
[IMG]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j105/yojack1/NSX%20on%20Carrizo%20Plain/IMG_4109.jpg
IMG_4111.jpg

IMG_4112.jpg

IMG_4116.jpg

IMG_4117.jpg

IMG_4119.jpg

The lid spoiler looks really good. Is it custom made?

The lid spoiler looks really good. Is it custom made?
Thanks for the compliment:
Yes it is custom made. It's my hobby and it's what I love to do. Come up with designs that nobody has seen before and build them. I just started playing around with the NSX and I've got a few thinks that I'm working on.

However, like all of the radical customizing I do on my cars, extra parts can be cloned from the molds that I make, a kind of insurance policy just in case of a mishap.

Making just one custom piece without a way to duplicate it is risky at best and the quality of that piece can never be as good as one that comes out of a mold. For me, it's got to look and fit like a factory part!

Anyways!

Have a good day!
Jack:smile:

Das alotta jumping out and back in your car! :eek:

It was a very enjoyable day being able to do that on a public highway. NSXs are so gorgeous, magnificent and showy. I just find that you can't shoot enough pics. Each one shows a different aspect of the car, maybe something you've never noticed before. Wish more guys would post up pics, not just shots of their parked cars, (we've seen tons of those) but ones that look like they're speeding down the highway. To get those takes a little more effort, (having someone else driving dosen't hurt either). Ha!
Later!

Jack:smile:

I love that highway. I used to drive it every weekend when my wife was still in school- put on 35k miles on my RSX-S in a year due to it. It's one of the few roads I wish I had my NSX for when I was living in California (need to find good abandoned roads here...). In 15 months of driving, I only saw LE 3 times: one CHP in the hills towards McKittrick and 2 sheriffs whose cars were parked (they were nowhere to be seen).

This Hwy 58 is a great road, I took it home both years I went to the fall Laguna Seca ALMS events. Great pics, lots of good memories. I may try to meet up on 2nd morning NSXPO caravan 2010 from Bakersfield through DV to LV for something new. :biggrin:

Beautiful NSX (of course I'm partial to red :biggrin:). I'd love to have roads like that close by to enjoy -- fantastic. Keep motoring and enjoy ! Jay

Nice pics and scenery!!!
Did you car have a wet dream in the the last pic???

You know that always happens after it gets a nice hand job!

non-automated Car Wash :wink:to get those Central Valley bugaroos off!

Jack

Wow those are great shots... I can't wait for this trip! Talk about the open road... wow... just amazing!

Those wheels have grown on me.

Car looks good, man.

Back