Pre-Purchase Inspection completed.

I just completed a pre-purchase inspection on a 93 NSX with 53k miles and a
compression test.

160 all cylinders using conventional method "non-open" throttle.

Dealer is telling me for a new car the variance range range is 143-192 so this is right in the middle. Is this method reliable and acceptable how does the numbers sound?

Thank you

I was just informed that it should be somewhere around 190. It is possible they did it closed throttle and not open showing 30 points less? I have no other option but to take it to someone who is more familiar with NSX.

There is going to be a big difference between open and closed throttle. You said in your first post "non open throttle" which I interpreted as closed throttle which will yield a lower number then what I believe is the standard procedure for a compression check, open throttle.

There is going to be a big difference between open and closed throttle. You said in your first post "non open throttle" which I interpreted as closed throttle which will yield a lower number then what I believe is the standard procedure for a compression check, open throttle.

I spoke with the service department and found it they did infact do "closed throttle" so open throttle should be closer to 200 :)

Thanks

I am going pass on this one..........

27k purchase price
1.4k tax
1.5k timing belt
660 clutch hose replacement
600 center console not including factory stereo/changer
2000 wheels/tires, the ones on there are horrid aftermarket
600 logistics

Total= $33760 no including oil pan gasket, valve cover gasket, 60k service, batter and $200 pre-purchase inspection.

:frown:

1.4k tax
2000 wheels/tires, the ones on there are horrid aftermarket
Hmmm.... dont know what tax or wheels have to do with the purchase price..you pay tax anyway you look at it ....and wheels you one usually change out anyway...the deal did not sound that bad..just my 2c.....keep looking and you will probably find something for nothing...

doesn't matter as long as they are within 5 accross the board. that will leave room for how they did the test. as long as even there is no damage.

Back