Pray it never happens...

What a
tosser1.gif

[This message has been edited by DutchBlackNsx (edited 26 September 2002).]

Originally posted by DutchBlackNsx:
What a
tosser1.gif

[This message has been edited by DutchBlackNsx (edited 26 September 2002).]

I don't know what's worse, the fact that the guy did it (and subsequently bragged about it), or the response by so many of the Mustang owners praising him for doing it.

Perhaps that's just more the mentality of a Mustang owner, I can't imagine anyone here cheering an idiot like this on.

This dealer needs to take a lesson from Jim Ellis VW in Atlanta. Last December a really minor customer service complaint issue escalated into the dealer suing the customer! PR 101 : never , ever do that!
Jim Ellis finally stepped up and met with the customer and agreed to make things right.
How many lost sales occured during that time? I'm betting a bunch.
Now this SVT Cobra thing has cost the service tech his job but the dealer won't negotiate any compensation to the car owner. PR 102 : make the customer happy after a bad experience.
This Ford dealer needs to deal now and it will all be forgotten next week. As it sits today, this is getting as much exposure as the Jim Ellis thing did and it's only 2 day's old. Left to fester, this will be all over talk radio by tomorrow and certainly the Texas local TV stations.
Amazing how stupid some businesses are.

Originally posted by Jonathan:
Perhaps that's just more the mentality of a Mustang owner, I can't imagine anyone here cheering an idiot like this on.

Hey, watch what you're saying about Mustang owners, buddy!
tongue.gif

I think what that tech did is just appalling
mad.gif

91 NSX
02 Mustang GT
95 Stealth

[This message has been edited by PHOEN$X (edited 26 September 2002).]

Originally posted by PHOEN$X:
Hey, watch what you're saying about Mustang owners, buddy!
tongue.gif

Heh ... just MORE the mentality
wink.gif

I just cannot fathom people on this board cheering on an idiot like this guy as many of those in the Mustang forums did.

I certainly praise all of the people who spoke out against it though, amazing.

[This message has been edited by Jonathan (edited 26 September 2002).]

OK I have to admit I got busted doing the same thing! When I worked in the wash rack at a Porshe dealer. The Porshe tech was a buddy of mine when he was done working on a car he would pick me up to go on a test drive. He brought over this black turbo with custom plates IC 20 20 we took it out for a run to our local 7-11 a few miles away. My budy told me the customers car had turbo problems and to get on it when we take off.
I jumped on the highway on the way back
ran it up to 110 passing a few cars then got off at the exit and went back to the dealership no problem right?
Wrong I took the car in the wash rack and started to wash it when the owner of the dealership and the owner of the car walked in we passed both of them on the highway.
Only I got fired because the car had tinted windows they did not see the tech in the car with me.

I work at a dealership and I too have seen first hand how some customer cars get treated in here. Simply amazing.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

I took my NSX to get detailed at a reputable detail shop nearby and had kind of the same thing happen. I picked up the car after work and it had 3.5 miles on it. What I didn't understand is that the guy watched me write down the mileage. When I saw it I was furious, I told the owner that I was not paying the $150 for the detail and if he had a problem with it we could call the police to report the car stolen because they didn't have permission to drive the car. There was no excuse the guy could come up with to justify driving my car when all he had to do is pull it in the garage for the detail. He agreed that I should not pay for the detail and also gave me a free detail to bring my Land Rover in. I came to the conclusion that no matter what some people will just have no respect for your property.

Nsxlover… what detail shop was that? Or if you do not want to call them out just tell me the general area. I live near BWI airport. I need to stay away from the shops and businesses that have no respect. Also what shop do you take your car to for service?

That is real nice. Has anyone tried it out?

Back