Pratt & Miller to build corn-fed Corvette for production!

Interesting developments: Supercars are going green...

I just saw Jay Leno's E85 powered C6RS at SEMA last week. A very impressive car for sure- 600hp out of a flex fuel powerplant.

Now Pratt & Miller are going to build a limited production run for public consumption...

thumb800x800_1802272830_5d8205223e_o.jpg

http://jalopnik.com/cars/new-cars/pratt--miller-confirm-corvette-c6rs-production-319108.php

I wonder how Honda will respond? Will the next NSX be environmentally friendly?

I thought the NSX was environmentally friendly.. doesn't rust out, isn't a big fat SUV gas guzzler, most don't go many miles, hence use much gas.... most of them are still on the road and lasting.. ie not a dixi cup car... etc.. etc..

ACD

Its all good i guess but the fact remains is that;that same motor converted back to normal 91-93 octane would have more power and better gas mileage....so yeah...i just dont get it.Unless the Iowa farmer wants to have fun on the weekends!

Its all good i guess but the fact remains is that;that same motor converted back to normal 91-93 octane would have more power and better gas mileage....so yeah...i just dont get it.Unless the Iowa farmer wants to have fun on the weekends!

The C6RS is still a flex fuel car (runs on either unleaded petrol, or E85) but it makes less power when running on the dinosaur...

Not kidding. Look it up. :wink:

I am psyched to see this, as it indicates that high performance engines can continue on into perpetuity even if gasoline becomes economically difficult to procure.

Phil

Back