PPI in Dallas

Were to get a PPI in Dallas/Frisco area.. thanks.. found a nice NSX and need someone to help me out, since I'm from CA. thanks..

Paul

Goodson Acura in Irving is highly recommend. There is also David McDavid Acura in Plano, not sure if it matters for PPI but most people seem to prefer Goodson.

I called Goodson and they refused to do a PPI, because they don't want to be liable if something went wrong. :confused:
They told me none of the acura dealer would do a PPI. He suggested Honcura in Irving? What do you guys think?
I know it's crazy but I just bought this car off Ebay, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0527994548&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT
he seems very honest and ligit, he states that I could do a PPI and anything that needs to be fixed we can work something out. After talking with him I felt safe to bid. I'm planning to fly in and driving it home to CA. :biggrin:

Paul

call david mcdavid acura in Plano and ask for Carl Dehls. tell him Jacob King sent you for a PPI. $120 and their NSX Tech who has been there 20 years (also named Carl) will do the PPI for you. he's a great tech!

DEFINITELY do a PPI.

jacobzking,
thanks. I appreciate it. The owner takes it to goodson for maintence so he is going to talk with them.. If it doesn't happen I'll give Carl a call..

Wish I had seen this post previously and I would have look-see'd it for you.
If you still need a PPI (too late ?) Mike Luongo at Ruf Dallas or James at Norwoods can do a full blown one.

Sounds like you got a great deal.

call david mcdavid acura in Plano and ask for Carl Dehls. tell him Jacob King sent you for a PPI. $120 and their NSX Tech who has been there 20 years (also named Carl) will do the PPI for you. he's a great tech!

DEFINITELY do a PPI.

If I recall, McDavid is the only Acura dealer in the DFW area that has an NSX Certified tech; Goodson does not...even though, in the past, Goodson has been the dealership providing the most NSX club related support.

Last time I was strolling through Goodson's showroom, a female sales member asked if she could help me, I asked if they had any pre-owned NSXs.

She asked me, "What's an NSX? Do you mean an MDX or TSX?"

I tried to explain what an NSX was, but she still didn't have a clue what I was talking about.

I walked out.

If I recall, McDavid is the only Acura dealer in the DFW area that has an NSX Certified tech; Goodson does not...even though, in the past, Goodson has been the dealership providing the most NSX club related support.

Last time I was strolling through Goodson's showroom, a female sales member asked if she could help me, I asked if they had any pre-owned NSXs.

She asked me, "What's an NSX? Do you mean an MDX or TSX?"

I tried to explain what an NSX was, but she still didn't have a clue what I was talking about.

I walked out.

any time i call Goodson Acura for labor quotes they cant give me a price. then they tell ME to call them back the next day at a certain time. screw that.

I recently took my 91 NSX to Honcura in Irving, for $435 in labor they changed: cam seals, spark plugs, valve cover gaskets/gromets/etc, thermostat and did a full drain and fill on the cooling system. McDavid wanted over$1,100 for the cam seals, plugs and valve cover gaskets (without the thermostat replacement and cooling flush). I was extremely happy with Honcura and will continue to let them service my NSX.

Bumping this up!

I am interested in a NSX in Dallas and want to do a PPI. Are McDavid and Honcura still the best places for the inspection?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.

I'll be in Dallas tomorrow morning for a PPI.

Is it Honcura or Hondura that would be the best for the PPI? I read a review that Hondura used to be honcura but moved. Also, the names seem easy to mix up.

Back