Power Steering,Auto,and Fixed Headlights

Hi,

Just a couple quick questions. I am very close to buying my first NSX. Most likely a 91-92. However I read that power steering was only available on the automatics. I have never driven a car without power steering, so i dont know how it effects it exactly. Can someone explain to me the difference? Is it worth getting an automatic just for the power steering?
Also, can someone tell me which fixed headlight kit is more reliable in the rain,and lasts longer in general, the Marga Hills, or the Taitec JGTC ? thanks alot!

Try driving a '91-94 NSX without power steering to see how you like it. In my opinion, it requires a bit more effort during parking maneuvers, but it's not unmanageable. And at typical road speeds (above 30 mph), there is no power assist on the power steering so there isn't any difference anyway.

Originally posted by Karbiner98:
Is it worth getting an automatic just for the power steering?

No. If you want a manual transmission car, buy a manual transmission car.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
No. If you want a manual transmission car, buy a manual transmission car.

I do, but I also want a car with power assist steering and since I cant afford a 95+ , I must make a compromise.
So the non-power steering does what to the car exactly, does it mean I have to turn the wheel more when parking,and at low speeds ,etc...?
You will have to excuse me if I sound naive, but I honestly have no experience what-so-ever with non-power assist steering in any car.
I appreciate the feedback, thanks!

Power steering adds a power assist (just like it sounds from the name) so it takes less effort to turn the wheel at low speeds.

I do, but I also want a car with power assist steering and since I cant afford a 95+ , I must make a compromise.

I think its the wrong compromise. getting an automatic instead of a manual, just for the sake of easy parking??? dont do it, defeats the purpose of owning one of the best sport cars in the world.

Instead...go hit the gym and build up some of those biceps and that will be your power steering!!! hook up with a hottie over there while you are at it.

ok thanks for the info guys!...so it just makes it harder to turn, not a problem at all...But what about the fixed headlights? can anyone give me some info on which of the two is more durable? last time i changed lights on my BMW, it rained and water leaked in.I dont want a repeat of that. the Marga Hills and the Taitec both look great, so it's really just a matter of which one is more reliable in the long run.

can anyone give me some info on which of the two is more durable? last time i changed lights on my BMW, it rained and water leaked in.I dont want a repeat of that.

If you really care about reliability and avoiding leaks, just leave the headlights stock.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 02 October 2002).]

If you really care about reliability and avoiding leaks, just leave the headlights stock.

I asked for an opinion on fixed headlights, not an opinion on my interests of overall reliabilty. If that were the case I would purchase a 2002 Hyundai Tiburon with a 100k mile warrenty, thanks anyways. anyone care to help me out with this, or should I get a Hyundai? I hear it comes with power steering & a stick! j/k...anyways, I really need some info on the lights though, thanks in advance.

[This message has been edited by Karbiner98 (edited 03 October 2002).]

I asked for an opinion on fixed headlights, not an opinion on my interests of overall reliabilty. If that were the case I would purchase a 2002 Hyundai Tiburon with a 100k mile warrenty, thanks anyways. anyone care to help me out with this, or should I get a Hyundai? I hear it comes with power steering & a stick! j/k...anyways, I really need some info on the lights though, thanks in advance.

Uh.....you are thinking of buying a Hyundai for reliability? Dude, you must do some research on which cars are reliable and which are not. True, Hyundai's do come with a nice warrenty, but that's because they need it. And after the warrenty has expired, either you pay for the repairs or sell it for about 5% of what you paid for it.

------------------
1994 Green-black roof/tan, 5 speed
Do you know of another Green-Black roof NSX??

Originally posted by Litesokneecough:
Uh.....you are thinking of buying a Hyundai for reliability? Dude, you must do some research on which cars are reliable and which are not. True, Hyundai's do come with a nice warrenty, but that's because they need it. And after the warrenty has expired, either you pay for the repairs or sell it for about 5% of what you paid for it.

i was joking. last car i would ever buy is a Hyundai. but i have done research, and from what i read the new hyundais are very reliable.They just happen to be underpowered, ugly, have bad ergonomics, and have very cheaply crafted interiors.not to mention no prestige what so ever. can u help me with the headlight question? or will i be forced to pick one out at random and spend more money on fixing leaks and blown fuses
frown.gif

Back