Power of Blue Dreams

Just picked up my first ever NSX, a 2000 Monaco Blue. And a dream years in the making has finally come true.

Thanks to Jeff (NYCNSX) the previous owner, who took excellent care of this master piece of a car for years. I am proud to be taking over for him.

My20131115_151008.jpg

My NSX_00001.jpg
My NSX_00002.jpg
My NSX_00003.jpg
My NSX_00004.jpg
My NSX_00006.jpg

She drives like a dream, lol ;). Yea the front plate's gotta go. I'm thinking of getting one of these....

What're your plans regarding the holes left behind?

Edit: This is what I mean by "holes". Not sure if they are on all front plated NSX', but apparently may be lurking.
license_plate_bracket_snakebite.jpg

Last edited:

Edit: This is what I mean by "holes". Not sure if they are on all front plated NSX', but apparently may be lurking.

hmm... now you got me worried. I thought the factory plates are bolted to the bottom of the front opening, not screwed into the bumper. I have to check mine tomorrow.

Not to worry. The front plate bracket is bolted in from the bottom. You might just have to buff out some marks where it can rub the front bumper.

View attachment 107492

For what it's worth, the '91 I picked up had a front plate on, but the bracket has these two long "teeth" that mount deeper inside the NSX's grill "mouth" - the front bumper was left untouched and free of unsightly holes. Hope yours is the same way Moisted!

I am jealous - I picked up my NSX last saturday, and it's in the shop now to get all the misc. items repaired. Can't wait to get her back, it was bliss to drive all day saturday before putting it in the shop - felt like the first hit of crystal meth, amazing and free, but now that it's gone I just want MORE!!! (foaming at mouth)

Wow - absolutely beautiful. Monaco Blue and LBBP are so great on these cars. Congrats!

Congratulations! Post more pics! Not enough pics of MBP on prime :)

congrats on the car she looks nice and minty.

some unknown dealers and car lots, and some owners dont know they dont need to screw into the bumper as there is 2 bolt hole ready for you front plate

since they dont know they get some drywall screws and start drilling LOL

I think its because most NSx dont come with the owners manual and it tells you in the book.

some of the threads are like " wow WTF is this button in my glove box for? " or not kidding on this one " these cars have a jack and lug wrench in the trunk "

it boggles the mind

Back