Potential purchase: JH4NA1269RT000342 (1994, white, automatic)

Does anyone know anything about this car? It's a 1994 white automatic at Acura of Ramsey in Ramsey, NJ. I've been searching for a clean automatic and they are very difficult to find. Can someone run a Carfax report on this one for me?

I'd be willing to pay to have someone in the area go inspect this vehicle for me. Is anyone interested?

While I would prefer a manual, I really need an automatic to keep my wife happy with the purchase :)

Thanks in advance!

--rorrim

You know my wife thought the same thing until she drove a stick - that was the end of the automatic issue entirely. She loves her 6 speed and would have deeply regretted the automatic. Just some food for thought. If your wife went a drove a manual transmission civic, driving the NSX is just that easy. If you have time tryo to find someone with a manual NSX she can drive around the block. I am tickled that my wife agreed to the 6 speed.

Acura of Ramsey has had that NSX for a LONG while. If memory serves, I saw it there last fall and on eBay several time since then. From the Carfax, it may have been there substatially longer than that:

06/07/2001 EASTERN REGION 48,006 Auto Auction REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION
05/09/2002 EASTERN REGION 49,254 Auto Auction REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION
05/31/2002 MAHWAH, NJ Dealer Record VEHICLE IN DEALER INVENTORY
06/11/2002 MAHWAH, NJ 49,663 Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE
08/09/2003 MAHWAH, NJ Dealer Record VEHICLE IN DEALER INVENTORY
08/21/2003 MAHWAH, NJ Dealer Record VEHICLE IN DEALER INVENTORY
09/11/2003 MAHWAH, NJ Dealer Record VEHICLE IN DEALER INVENTORY
09/27/2003 MAHWAH, NJ Dealer Record VEHICLE IN DEALER INVENTORY

I do agree with the comments that would urge you to make sure you want an auto. I would also ask why the car has been at the dealership that long (Mahwah and Ramsey are ~2 min apart).

rorrim said:
I'd be willing to pay to have someone in the area go inspect this vehicle for me. Is anyone interested?
Larry Bastanza (username Larry Bastanza on this forum ;) ) is one of the best NSX mechanics on the East Coast and he lives very close to there. Send him a PM.

I have seen the car, and I know the owner. I have not inspected it for purchase, so I canot give you exact condition at the moment. If you are interesteed PM me and we can work out as plan:). FYI, I will be away until 7/25/05, so if you do not get me by tomorrow we can talk in a week.

REgards,
LarryB

Back