Potential nsx owner here with questions.

Hi everyone,

Great forum you guys have here. I am currently looking at an nsx that has a salvage/rebuilt title. Carfax and autocheck shows that it has a rebuilt certificate. I have been informed this is due to the car being a theft recovery vehicle. I was able to look underneath the car and it looked great. I believe the owner and he seems to be a honest guy. Is there anything else I can do to verify that this vehicle has never been in an accident? Can any decent mechanic verify this by looking underneath the car for signs of any accidents?

Thanks!

A thorough pre-purchase inspection with someone reputable on here should reveal any sort of damage beyond repair. Any good body guy should be able to tell where certain panels have been repainted or are thicker than others.

Another thing is that NSXs are not an oft stolen vehicle. It does happen, but not frequently for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
A PPI (pre purchase inspection) will give you a good idea of what type of overall condition the car is in. I would go to the sub forums here on prme for your geographical area and post a thread for a locally recommended NSX tech for that.

Regarding the body, you should have the car inspected by a reputable body man who knows what to look for. Gaps between body panels should be consistant, body panel fasteners should not show signs of tool marks, paint overspray, etc.

Good Luck!

Back