Possible new car. Need opinions.

Looks good and is a great price. I would definatly get a PPi done. With it being a 1993 you do not have to worry about the snap ring range. Plus it has a passenger side air bag.

I would stay away. Lots of things look to have been painted and lots of the description is bogus.

I will say more when I get home...

Last edited:
Thanks. Anything you notice is appreciated. Thanks everyone for the great info.
Its my old car. I had it before the last owner it looks like (according to the carfax). It had taken a pretty good smack in the rear that damaged the rear panels (causing leaks). I think an owner before me replaced the rear bumper and pulled it out as much as they could.

Either way, the rear valance has been replaced (and painted red for some reason... Probably because I had taken it off and they had no idea what color it needed to be).the rear bumper looks too shiny as well. Possibly repainted when the front bumper was.

The front bumper has been repainted.

The stereo in it is garbage (I had the oem setup with ipod input) and looks like a poor install

They replaced the oem antenna (worked but was unplugged when I had it) with some floppy cheap looking s2000 knockoff.

Those rims... Wow. Horrid. They are probably eating the fender liners since the car was lowered on intrax springs (were on when I bought it and I never felt the need to change it. They did alright).

I have no idea why they think the car is Acura Certified... I owned it past 100k myself... Might want to ask them about that bit. $6000 in work sounds off as well.

The exhaust is an ARK exhaust that I bought new from Science of Speed... Try $1400 not $3500 (They cant read the difference between ARK and ARC and looked it up). Wish it was closer, I might go have some fun with a salesman.

The cupholder has an ipod hookup on it that probably does not work with that stereo.

There are no pics of the engine, under the hood or the trunk...

The engine had no manifold covers on it when I sold it, trunk had no carpet (leaked on it and rotted it) and the center tail was loose (screws rusted due to leaking).

If you still go look at it, check the top of the passenger rear quarter panel. If you don't find a faded area (maybe 2x2in) then it has been repainted too.

Im inclined to think they know a lot of this or the price wouldn't be where it is... But i will say its more than I paid for it in 2005...

JH4NA1156PT000403 is the vin incase anyone searches...

I put a comment on the carfax... Didnt know you could do that. We will see if it is there tomorrow...

"I am a previous owner of this vehicle. The car was involved in a rear impact prior to 2006 that damaged some body panels under the exterior sheet metal around the rear trunk (causing leaks and rust). Not all exterior parts are original and areas of the car have been repainted. Potential owners are warned to do their homework and have the car inspected by an independent facility unrelated to any dealership or individual who is selling it."

Last edited:
Its my old car. I had it before the last owner it looks like (according to the carfax). It had taken a pretty good smack in the rear that damaged the rear panels (causing leaks). I think an owner before me replaced the rear bumper and pulled it out as much as they could.

Either way, the rear valance has been replaced (and painted red for some reason... Probably because I had taken it off and they had no idea what color it needed to be).the rear bumper looks too shiny as well. Possibly repainted when the front bumper was.

The front bumper has been repainted.

The stereo in it is garbage (I had the oem setup with ipod input) and looks like a poor install

They replaced the oem antenna (worked but was unplugged when I had it) with some floppy cheap looking s2000 knockoff.

Those rims... Wow. Horrid. They are probably eating the fender liners since the car was lowered on intrax springs (were on when I bought it and I never felt the need to change it. They did alright).

I have no idea why they think the car is Acura Certified... I owned it past 100k myself... Might want to ask them about that bit. $6000 in work sounds off as well.

The exhaust is an ARK exhaust that I bought new from Science of Speed... Try $1400 not $3500 (They cant read the difference between ARK and ARC and looked it up). Wish it was closer, I might go have some fun with a salesman.

The cupholder has an ipod hookup on it that probably does not work with that stereo.

There are no pics of the engine, under the hood or the trunk...

The engine had no manifold covers on it when I sold it, trunk had no carpet (leaked on it and rotted it) and the center tail was loose (screws rusted due to leaking).

If you still go look at it, check the top of the passenger rear quarter panel. If you don't find a faded area (maybe 2x2in) then it has been repainted too.

Im inclined to think they know a lot of this or the price wouldn't be where it is... But i will say its more than I paid for it in 2005...

JH4NA1156PT000403 is the vin incase anyone searches...

I put a comment on the carfax... Didnt know you could do that. We will see if it is there tomorrow...

"I am a previous owner of this vehicle. The car was involved in a rear impact prior to 2006 that damaged some body panels under the exterior sheet metal around the rear trunk (causing leaks and rust). Not all exterior parts are original and areas of the car have been repainted. Potential owners are warned to do their homework and have the car inspected by an independent facility unrelated to any dealership or individual who is selling it."

Thanks you just saved me a long drive there and an even longer drive back. Staying away from this one.

Not a problem. Hopefully potential buyers do their homework and dont just trust the seller...

Wonder how much more they added to the price for the "$3500 exhaust"? Haha

Back