Poss. new car owner

I am considering a buying a 91-92 nsx. I would like to know what to ask and look out for when looking for a used nsx. I already know a little about the snap ring problem, but other tthan that what else do i look for. How many miles are too many miles. I also plan on doing some performance upgrades (supercharger or turbo) can the used motor handle it, or should i just focus on small stuff like chip, header, air filter ect. any feedback would be great.
Thanks, Ryan

Originally posted by boost925:
I would like to know what to ask and look out for when looking for a used nsx.

Go to the FAQ, and in the category of "Buy Sell" you will find a "Used Car Checklist".

In addition to the snap ring status, two particular things to check are whether the window regulators have been upgraded, and whether the timing belt and water pump have been replaced.

How many miles are too many miles.

There's no such thing.

I also plan on doing some performance upgrades (supercharger or turbo) can the used motor handle it, or should i just focus on small stuff like chip, header, air filter ect.

How do you know that you need to do any performance upgrades if you haven't lived with the car yet?

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
How do you know that you need to do any performance upgrades if you haven't lived with the car yet?

Excellent point. Live with the car the way Honda designed it, then decide what you want to change to it.

Back