Porsche GT2

I work for a company where the CEO's son just purchased a Silver Porsche GT2 to learn to drive stick. What a beautiful car. I guess if you have billions, a GT2 is just a drop in the bucket.

Let him know that I'll be happy to teach him any time he likes.
biggrin.gif

Why do the rich do such strange things... oh yea, because they can afford to
biggrin.gif

I knew a Mobil Oil exec's son in high school, total ass. He got a highly modified Vette, which according to the latest mags would be worth over $500,000 today. It was so loud that classes stopped until he parked his car. Only lasted two weeks before it was totaled. Replaced with a drop top Benz.

I was in a deptartment store in Switzerland when a ten year old Arab boy bought $2000 worth of MatchBox cars.

Just like when at Atlantic City, the man on my right is playing with $50 chips and the woman on the left with $500 chips. In Baden Baden it is $5000 chips.

Just glad my NSX is my favorite car in the world, and I don't have to spend anything to be happy. I'll just be happier when I get a supercharger, and it gives me something to look forward to.

Originally posted by MAJOR STONER:
I...He got a highly modified Vette, which according to the latest mags would be worth over $500,000 today...

This is the only Corvette I know of worth $500,00.00

abd.jpg
biggrin.gif

------------------
'91 Black/Black

[This message has been edited by Michigan NSX (edited 12 July 2002).]

Thanks Zuerst,

I fixed my original post so now there should be 2 good pictures of this car (I am a little partial to this car - my brother did a lot of the design work on it and is on the Pratt&Miller race team that runs these cars in the American LeMans Series). The cars are awesome!

------------------
'91 Black/Black

L88 with 420 hp (ask me how I remember), blue with a white stripe, and a racing history. You could hear it coming at least five blocks away. His brother was expelled when he took his brothers ragtop Benz and did laps on the running track, destroying it.

Originally posted by wctsao:
just purchased a Silver Porsche GT2 to learn to drive stick.

Sounds like the recipe for disaster to me.

That car is WAY too powerful for the inexperienced to handle, let alone someone who doens't even know how to drive stick...

Originally posted by Michigan NSX:
my brother did a lot of the design work on it and is on the Pratt&Miller race team that runs these cars in the American LeMans Series)

Hey Michigan, Didn't some of the Corvette teams get screwed by rules & regulations from running @ LeMans this year? Since your bro works for P & M, thought you might know. I think all it did was create a Porsche parade this year in the GT class.

Originally posted by Tom Larkins:
Hey Michigan, Didn't some of the Corvette teams get screwed by rules & regulations from running @ LeMans this year? Since your bro works for P & M, thought you might know. I think all it did was create a Porsche parade this year in the GT class.

The above Corvettes run in the GTS class. The cars that got "screwed" in GT were the BMWs (the M3 with the V8 in it) Seeing as no factory BMW M3 is based on a V8, I would have to agree with the promoters on this one. If there were any "problems" with GT Corvettes at LeMans, I am unaware of them.

------------------
'91 Black/Black

The cars that got "screwed" in GT were the BMWs (the M3 with the V8 in it) Seeing as no factory BMW M3 is based on a V8, I would have to agree with the promoters on this one.

I like to think that the real reason was that Porsche got tired of getting spanked by those M3s and lobbyed hard to get the M3s outta there
biggrin.gif

Those M3s absolutely dominated last season.

Tom,

Last year (2001) there was 1 Corvette in the GT class at LeMans - a Calloway Corvette that won the pole for that class. It had trouble before the race even started (it started from the pit lane) and didn't do well in the race. This year (2002) they weren't invited back. That's the only Corvette "controversy" that my brother and I could come up with.

8000RPM,

I would hope the BMW could beat the Porsches with an illegal car! Remember this is the GT class. The cars are supposed to be as close to a production street car as anything running in the LeMans series. Please show me where I can buy a road going version of any BMW M3 with a V8 in it from the factory.

------------------
'91 Black/Black

I was talking to a coworker of mine and she said you can tell if he is the one on the road. You'll hear the gears grind and the car constantly jolting back and forth. :-)

I don't know whether to feel sorry for the driver or the car. More likely the car.

One of the IT guys at work is teaching him to drive stick. Its pretty funny seeing him drive.

[This message has been edited by wctsao (edited 12 July 2002).]

Please show me where I can buy aroad goingversion of any BMW M3 with a V8 in it from the factory.

You mean the engine under the hood of my M3 is not a V8?!?
eek.gif

Just kidding.

BTW, BMW did at one time plan on building the V8 M3 for the street. I recall the price tag was well into the six figure range.

[This message has been edited by 8000RPM (edited 13 July 2002).]

Please show me where I can buy a road going version of any BMW M3 with a V8 in it from the factory.
Get the Hamann Laguna Seca II
- E46M3 coupe with Hamann body kit and doors
- HM61 V12 based on 750il
- 480 hp @ 5400 rpm / 620 N-m @ 4300
- 0-62.5 in 4.2 sec / 0-125 in 13.8 sec
- top end 195+ mph

fd8b1df0.jpg

Get the brochure here --> http://www.hamann-motorsport.net/download/brochure8de.pdf

I'll try to post more pix later.

Back