Porsche 959 finally legal to own in the USA

pretty impressive performance

From Autoweek article above:
For four hundred large you want your money’s worth. Canepa has undertaken back-to-back tests with his modified 959 and a new RUF GT2. The RUF turned 0 to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds and took 11.9 seconds to reach 100 mph. The 959 goes from a standstill to 60 mph in 3.3 seconds and reaches 100 mph in 11.4 seconds. Top speed of the 959 is 215.

“We’re maintaining a McLaren F1 GTR,” says Canepa. “And after driving both cars, there’s just no comparison. The McLaren skips and jumps all over the place. The 959 just squats and goes.”
Sounds like we have a winner...

0-100 mph in 11.4 seconds? That must be a mistake! With 575 hp, that should be the quarter mile elapsed time at about 125+ mph or so....:rolleyes:

...which coincidentally is what my Cuda has done in the quarter... :D

92NSX said:
Maybe we could start up a pool to collect money to buy one for the community to use.:p

I got first dibs:D:D:D:D:D

Autophile said:
0-100 mph in 11.4 seconds? That must be a mistake! With 575 hp, that should be the quarter mile elapsed time at about 125+ mph or so....:rolleyes:

...which coincidentally is what my Cuda has done in the quarter... :D

I experienced a car with a 0-100mph-0 of 10.8s... and I lost the attraction to those high numbers.

Too much power makes a cad unenjoayble, IMO... :( :confused:

Back