Attachments

• 09porschegt3rsr_hi002.jpg
    09porschegt3rsr_hi002.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 251
  • 09porschegt3rsr_hi003.jpg
    09porschegt3rsr_hi003.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
I really wish they would have. I would much rather buy a Honda built racer than go through the years of doing it myself. Although there's certainly something to be said for that journey as well.

I've ridden in a GT3 Cup car (ex Speed WC car) and it was the best handling car I've ever ridden in. The grip at the rear was like the car had velcro tires.

I want a GT3 Cup Car sooooo bad, but lack the $350K to buy one and the millions of dollars to support it.

Fly down to Florida at the end of the month and check it out in person. The GT3 is still one of my favorite cars and would love to own one someday. The Lizard team will be at RA again in August.

http://www.lizardms.com/index.htm

Last edited:
A 911 GT3 RSR is $350k but a 997 GT3 cup can be bought for $160K. A 996 GT3 cup car can be bought for $90K+.

wicked performer. . .

Why would an NA Porsche need a vented front-hood? Is there an additional/supplemental radiator in the front-boot space or there's some aero'/down-force advantage?

Re: wicked performer. . .

Why would an NA Porsche need a vented front-hood? Is there an additional/supplemental radiator in the front-boot space or there's some aero'/down-force advantage?
Because their oil coolers and radiators are up there, as well as using the exhaust of those heat exchangers to improve front downforce.

A 911 GT3 RSR is $350k but a 997 GT3 cup can be bought for $160K. A 996 GT3 cup car can be bought for $90K+.

I was just hanging out with some PCA racers last weekend. Just like any car in motorsports, the price of the car is the tip of the iceberg.
Carbon clutch $10k
One weekend of tires $4-6k
One weekend of gas $1.5k
One hour of engine time $1k

They figure on about $8-10k per race day per weekend (with transport), and that's without a clutch replacement which some do as much as every weekend. My little subie comes out to about $1k per trackday total.

BTW, if you buy the RSR, shipping from Germany is $33k because it's too wide to fit in the standard container.

I was just hanging out with some PCA racers last weekend. Just like any car in motorsports, the price of the car is the tip of the iceberg.
Carbon clutch $10k
One weekend of tires $4-6k
One weekend of gas $1.5k
One hour of engine time $1k

They figure on about $8-10k per race day per weekend (with transport), and that's without a clutch replacement which some do as much as every weekend. My little subie comes out to about $1k per trackday total.

BTW, if you buy the RSR, shipping from Germany is $33k because it's too wide to fit in the standard container.
Most race cars don't have $10,000 carbon clutches. Depending on the series and tire costs, they can be $1-6K for racing slicks.

Depending on the series/rules, gas might not cost that much.

Depending on the series/modifications to the motor, hourly motor cost can vary greatly.

$8-10K weekends are the costs of a lower Grand Am Koni Challenge ST team...

Yes racecars are expensive, but looking at RSR operation costs shouldn't be viewed as the 'norm'.

We could go and talk about the $12K brakes that Ferrari Challenge cars have to replace every other race weekend, or their insane bodywork costs...

Back