Pontiac GTO

Saw one of these today at the Gator Nationals.
I still have mixed emotions about it.
To me it looks to much like a Dodge Avenger from the side.
I like the LS1 engine though. Engine compartment was very efficient looking and well thought out.
Seats are incredibly comfortable. Very impressed with them.
My father didn't want to sit in for fear of wanting to buy one then.:)
Nice suede leather on the door trim panels too.
Just have to see if the MSRP will still be around $35k.

You get a lot of power for that price, so, from spec standpoint, I get interested. I just don't know of the quality to expect from it.

Rys Millen was using a GTO as his drifting entry at D1GP. He made it to about the quarter finals, then got knocked out.

Attachments

• rys millen gto 01.jpg
    rys millen gto 01.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 186
He appeared to be still learning the car, seeing that he was of the few that spun out on non-tandem runs.

Either way, it was an impressive display by the car. I don't know what kind of modifications were made to the car, or if it was any near a production version.

Attachments

• rys millen gto 03.jpg
    rys millen gto 03.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 200
They aren't for sale yet? I just saw one on my way home two days ago on the 60 freeway east bound.

It has very bland/traditional stylin and I wouldn't ahve noticed it cept I was stuck in traffic and had time to notice the GTO badge.

Are these cars RWD?

I too saw one on the road the other day. I noticed the big tacky '5.7' badge on the trunk lid. They could've left that off.
Are these cars RWD?
Yeah. Notice the smoke coming from the rear wheels in the pics posted. Be kinda hard to drift a FWD. :D
I don't think they could turn the LS1 engine sideways in the compartment to make it a front wheel drive.

Heavier, slower and more expensive than the Camaro/Firebird (which were both discontinued due to poor sales). Brilliant job GM.

We have those cars in my country. They are basically a reworked Opal Omega with a cheavy V8 up front. I don't know about the handling though.

I never did like that car because of its build quality and the cheapish interior it comes with. If you get leather, it will smell like a cow. The interior does have a tendency to fall apart. But it is a well known bang for the buck vehicle around here so it is popular among teenagers. Around here, one of its versions which is a 4 door with a 325 HP 5.7 V8 engine will cost you about 26,000 US$

Man I can't stand Pontiac's trademark ugly styling. They took a perfectly good car, the Holden Monaro and uglified it. Look at the original Monaro...they should have just left it alone.

Monaro_yellow.jpg

Monaro_silver.jpg

FuryNSX said:
With a rooster tail like that? ;)

yeah i saw ur pics AFTER i posted and i tried editing but there was an error so i just left it.

looks like a great bang for the buck car for sure.

Back