Poll - Like or no like

Is this a good choice?

• Yes, it is good

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • No, it needs change

Votes: 39 55.7%

• Total voters
Fellow Prime members.
I need some opinions on this leather interior. The pix is from another members NSX and I was thinking of this color combo, (minus the red armrests) and change the NSX logos to silver. My NSX is all red ext.
*I have limited time to change my order.

Yes or no?

Thank You in advance.

6429leather_seats_3.jpg

64291_top_sm.jpg

Fellow Prime members.
I need some opinions on this leather interior. The pix is from another members NSX and I was thinking of this color combo, (minus the red armrests) and change the NSX logos to silver. My NSX is all red ext.
*I have limited time to change my order.

Yes or no?

Thank You in advance.

6429leather_seats_3.jpg

I personally don't like the nsx on the seat and would just keep it black or black it out. I say keep it black or black it out because I haven't noticed if my nsx has it on the seat or not, haha. But I like the red two tone a lot. If I ever get some extra cash I'd like to have my seats done like above.

The seats look really cool but the door panels look a little bit too much. But it could be the armrests making them too red.

Voted Yes

I think it would look nice minus...
- red stitching on black sections
- red armwrests
- red accents on vertical bolsters
- small red accents on horizontal bolster (visible in picture about a foot forward of the seat belt buckle)
- maybe the red "NSX" (if kept, should be all red...picture makes it look like there is some silver or such outlining the letters which just doesn't look right)

I think the red inserts for seating portion and doors are neat, but the red sitching and accents disturb otherwise beautiful/clean lines (separation) between the red & black sections.

If the door inserts are suede (looks like they might be) I'd opt for regular instead so the visible texture of the seat and doors match (would also help guarantee color match when new and as they age).

Last edited:
- red armwrests
- small red accents on horizontal bolster (visible in picture about a foot forward of the seat belt buckle)
- maybe the red "NSX" (if kept, should be all red...picture makes it look like there is some silver or such outlining the letters which just doesn't look right)

I think the red inserts for seating portion and doors are neat, but the red sitching and accents disturb otherwise beautiful/clean lines (separation) between the red & black sections.

Thank you Latzke for saving me all that typing. My thoughts exactly.

I would keep the inserts on the seats and the doors and ditch the armrests, side bolsters and NSX logos (ALA TypeS). Overkill, IMHO.

I agree with John.... I like it otherwise.

being swayed to not have red stitch.

- red armwrests
Already decided not to have red armrests.

Kinda like it, but considering change. *This is the opinions I need.

Hummm. I thought red might be too bright. Then again, I have all silver on my mind.(may too bright also?) Kinda thinking black now.

If the door inserts are suede (looks like they might be) I'd opt for regular instead so the visible texture of the seat and doors match (would also help guarantee color match when new and as they age).

I only want the inserts to be red leather.

Thanks so much for your input. It's a tough choice to have it look good but not rice.:smile:

OEM is the best, Unless your seat is deteriorating I would just do black with black suede.

Good Luck!

If it was me, deep red inserts on the door and inserts on the seat ala type-S seat. I'm also liking orange colour since OEM type-S has one.

Seat centres and door pads are OK, one of the NSXer's here has this on his red T.

But loose the NSX logo, side bolsters and armrests as all of these make it look after-market.

HTH

My car is not red but I have red inserts on the seats and the door panels with black leather.
I voted yes but agree with ditching the logo, armrests, side bolsters

Looks like your going for the Type- S look......doesnt look bad....but I do think the NSX in the headrest should be centered more and maybe done in black. I have NSX on my headrest but its in black. Good luck.

I would go with the red inserts and door panels, I would even go behind the seats- via 94.
Loose the red vertical bolsters, red stiching, and red "NSX" on the head rest.
Its probably just me, but I am not a fan of all black interiors.
Probably the minority. White, Tan, Red are my personal favorites.
There is a lot of black inside an NSX even with a non black interior.
So to me your choice looks great! (with the changes above)
Just another opinion.

Thank you all who participated in this survey. The results are 60% in favor of change vs 40% that like it.
With that said I will make some slight changes to the design. As per my opinion and what I have garnered here, I decided to do away with the red side bolsters & front red bolster part. The only red will be up the center of the seats, (and the door "grills".)
Also I decided to make the NSX logo black and move it in the exact center of the headrest. I feel this will be the best combination.

I'll post some pix when I get it installed later, (*I'm having a shop do the install.) I can't thank the Prime members enough for posting and it's nothing short of honest & intellegent responses.

*I tried to Photoshop the changes but I recently installed photoshop. Can anyone with some time photoshop the changes?

Thanks again for your opinions.
6429signatue_3_.jpg

Sky :smile:

Last edited:
I like the black with black alcantra in post 22

Back