Pocono track event June 18,19 & 20

Anyone going to the PDA event? I'll be there Saturday only - They're running the "double infield/double banked straight" layout that day. $260/day. Peter Mills, where are you?

http://www.imp-auto.com:16080/pda/index.htm

Also- I want to get performance front pads ASAP- nothing too radical- will use them on the street and the very occasional track day. Any suggestions? My NSX is a '91 with OEM brakes.

I'll be at WGI

Howard:
I will be at Watkins Glen on Saturday -Sunday 19-20 watching DAL Racing. Giving them moral support and any track info they might want. I'll be instructing with BMW on Monday and Tuesday 21-22 at the Glen.
Brake pads get in touch with Andie Lin at Cobalt Friction.

Re: I'll be at WGI

Peter Mills said:
Howard:
I will be at Watkins Glen on Saturday -Sunday 19-20 watching DAL Racing. Giving them moral support and any track info they might want. I'll be instructing with BMW on Monday and Tuesday 21-22 at the Glen.
Brake pads get in touch with Andie Lin at Cobalt Friction.

Hi, Peter,

What time will you be there till on the 20th?
I am planning to arrive there around 2pm.

Hi Tiger

I don't really know when I'll be there. I purchased tickets for both days but I'll be spending Sunday touring the Watkins Glen country
side looking for rally route for NSXPO. I'll have a spare ticket for Sunday. I'll PM my cell #. Call me when you arrive at The Glen.

Peter- thanks- ordered Axxis Ultimate front pads from Cobalt Friction. Looking forward to testin g them on the "big layout" at Pocono. see below-

Have a great time at WGI.

Attachments

• poconodouble.gif
    poconodouble.gif
    47 KB · Views: 147
You will like those pads. I have been using them ever since Larry B. told me about them. I just got 6 track days and a total of 5000 miles on my last set with greatly improved stopping power the entire time compared with OEM pads.

Thanks for posting this. I've never been to the track, and since I got my NSX I've been itching to get out to one.

This event is practically in my back yard (well, not really, but only an hour north of me) and it looks like it's open to all skill levels, so I don't know if I could forgive myself if I don't go.

That is a busy wkend with the New Hampshire event and the Grand Am race.I will sadly be working but I might be able to run over to pocono and say hi if any nsxers decide to run with pda.

PDA is utilizing various layouts - it's different each day. (call them for details). Unfortunately my schedule only allows me to attend Saturday. Hope to see some more NSX's out there!

Report from Pocono

Just a quick report: I really enjoyed the double-infield layout (diagram posted earlier) which makes the course over 2 miles long. It is much more fun than the North course, IMHO. Managed to hit 130mph on the back straight and was giving a Z06 a fit in the corners, but he would pull away on the straights- but not that much, considering he has 100+hp more. The new Axxis front pads did wonders- no shudder and no fade using '91 OEM brakes. I learned my lesson this time: bed in your pads per instructions- it is absolutely critical.

PDA was a good group to run with.

Attachments

• imgp0308.jpg
    imgp0308.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 86
Lots of nice cars were there: Bimmers, Porsches (incl. a fast GT3) Vipers, Vettes, you name it. Also a very fast S4 Audi and a WRX STi.

Attachments

• poconogrid1.jpg
    poconogrid1.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 90
Back