Pocket Bikes

Anyone own a pocket bike and want to share how they decided which model to purchase or which models they have owned and what they thought about them? I have been looking for a while. I want something quick... I was looking at the Italian bikes and a few others. Blata, GRC, Polini... I really just want something to drive around the neighborhood that is quick and turns really well. Also to drive around the track paddock area. I wanted to get something... possibly used that would be fast but that does not cost 2k. I am in Alabama and can not seem to find anywhere to test drive a few. I have no idea if I need a midi or a mini and I have no idea about the performance difference between the two. Also if you can reccomend a place to shop for them - I am scared with all the imitation chinese bikes out there. I drove one of those the other day and it was slow and it was shaking apart. Build quality was terrible. A highschool student could ahve done better. Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on the subject.

zoomnsx said:
They all died, shot by their irritated neighbors. :D
You got that right. :D

I'm still trying to hit one that keeps going through our neighborhood. ;)

So Lee, the advice I would give you is to look for the quietest, most stealthy model on the market. To my knowlege, its illegal to ride those things on any public street in the U.S., but if no-one hears you, and your gone fast, then no-one will be calling the cops to get after you (or shooting at you, etc.).

Last edited:
1. I will not be riding in the streets... rather on a special path my neighborhood has for electric golf carts/vehicles, segways, bikes, mopeds, three wheelers and other no-street legal vehicles. I live in a community based neighborhood that Walt Disney built. This will help me commute from my house to the downtown area near the lake where everyone hangs out, without having to take a car.

2. A weed eater motor can not be that loud. :eek:

3. They have larger problems to worry about though than a weed eater motor attached to a 19 inch tall pocket bike... my NSX which can be heard from 12 miles away. I do not drive that at night either though. No it is not street legal and yes I wear ear plugs.

1) Good Man.
2) Even a weed eater gets annoying when it goes back and forth past your house at wide open throttle for the 1,000,000th time in a day. So keep that in mind when your buzzing down that neighborhood golf cart path late one evening and swear you just felt a high velocity projectile fly past your head. ;)
3) An NSX you can hear from 12 miles away and have to wear earplugs to drive... LOL... Day or night, thats just wrong. :D

I too once though that it, as you say, "was just wrong"... that lasted 2 years... until I rode in a fully gutted, supercharged, racing nsx that breathes properly... life changes at that point and the go fast crack pipe comes into play. To make matters worse I rode in a 360 world challenge car during a lapping event... yum.
These are just bad things to try IMHO. Next thing you know you think you need a track car for a daily driver and you are gutting your garage queen NSX's interior and everything else so that your brakes bite hard and you accelerate faster. I guess its bad when you hop into your dad's stock NSX and complain as it feels as if you are in a truck by comparison b/c you feel like the throttle is not responsive, its slower, the clutch is mooshy and the brakes don't bite enough.

heres some pics of the higher quality chinese bikes
attachment.php

attachment.php

and my sons favorite bike
X8.jpg

so have you decided what to get. If you are 5ft5in or taller i suggest that you must get a midi. My son is 4ft and can ride the minis really easily but when my 6ft frame is on a mini i would scrape my knees trying to turn.

Back