Plugs...take a look.

When I bought my NSX three years ago the owner said he just had the Plugs changed so I took his word for it and never noticed anything strange until this year. After getting the car out from winter storage I noticed it running bad always killed on the first start had a backfire at idle etc. Well today I decided to change the Plugs for the heck of it and man they looked terrible take a look at these...I only put on 4,000 miles a year so if they were changed this is what 12,000 miles does to them? Has anyone changed there Plugs and did they ever look that bad. The car now is totally smooth starts and does not kill and no backfire man what a difference.

Last edited:
2nd pic.

Last edited:
It almost looks as if the wrong heat-range plugs were installed by looking at the burnt threads, although it seems anti-seize compound was used. Are you using the exact same replacement plug?

svalleynsx said:
It almost looks as if the wrong heat-range plugs were installed by looking at the burnt threads, although it seems anti-seize compound was used. Are you using the exact same replacement plug?

Yes I put in the stock NGK PFR6G-11 Plugs. Those were the ones that I pulled also. I did notice a couple Plugs were way over torqued it took a good cranking to break them loose.

I've seen far worse in my time. Although the base of the ceramic on the upper portion of the plug looks a bit charbroiled.

Back