pls help quick

i'm in progress of purchasing a 92 nsx.......and i read about the snap ring issue. this can cause a big problem so i went out and look at the tranny # to compare with J4A4-1003542 through J4A4-1005978 from FAQs.......but the tranny number read BJ4-32107-SLO-J404.......did i read the right number off the car? or it's not in snap ring range.......it's wierd because the number doesn't start with J4A4?
thanks

sorry....after reading "http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/DIY/engine_transmission_vin.htm" i found out that my tranny number is J4A4-1001796... therefore it's not in range....... :) ..so happy

surprise that it's a 92 and not in the range. hopefully i can get it by tomorrow....anyway....both of the windows goes up extremely slow. Is it too late to order the fix-it thingie from dali? and someone link me to the exact which item to buy? and anyone know where i can get it install? i live in huntington beach
thanx

Andy23 said:
tranny number is J4A4-1001796 ....
Perhaps nsxtasy can comment on this - is that unusual that a transmission with an obviously "early" # (compared to SR range) transmission would be installed in a 92? Possibly replaced transmssion?

both of the windows goes up extremely slow. Is it too late to order the fix-it thingie from dali? and someone link me to the exact which item to buy?
Just because they are slow does not necessarily mean that it has not been done - slow can simply mean incorrect adjustment or lack of lubrication in the guides. "Popping" noise is indication of impending failure. You can't tell if it has been fixed w/o inspecting.

If you really need the kit get it here at Dali Racing

For more info on the window regulator issue see here for troubleshooting and here for thingy install instructions

For future reference check the FAQ & use the Search functions!

Andy23 said:
....both of the windows goes up extremely slow.
Mine go up slow also, but have been fixed. Slow is relative.

Back