Please offer thoughts...Value on this car? PLEASE!!!

Black 1998 NSX. 13k miles. New clutch tires. Clear carfax & veriified original paint w/ no accident history. Overall condition 9.5 out of 10. As close to perfect as it gets. 6 speed. I am needing everyone's realistic value of this car during the current market. Thanks in advance, sincerely.

13k miles, yet the ad states that it needed a new clutch, exhaust, and front lip. Even giving the owner the benefit of the doubt for the replacement of the exhaust and front lip (let's say he's never driven a low vehicle and scraped both to hell), how do you go through a clutch in 13k miles unless you don't know how to drive stick?

Asking price is 55k on autotrader. I'd rather buy an '02+ or the '00 white, supercharged NSX with 25k miles for $50k also listed on autotrader.

What about other services, TB/WP, etc. Price is way too high, unless you're willing to pay it!

Even if you take the clutch off the price - that still leaves you at 51k for a 98 (because he's trying to recoup the cost of the clutch I'd think at 4k). 51k for a 98 in good condition is too high. If it is pristine in every other way and ALL the service is up to date as in TB/WP/and hoses, regular fluids etc., good records, then it might be worth 45k +/-. That's why I believe Dr, Volk came in with the 43k. That's definitely more like what it's most likely worth. You'll have to put funds in with this unless the stipulations I mention are a fact.

13k miles is very attractive and the guy may have paid a premium himself and just didn't know how to drive the car. As others have said you can go later years for the same 55k - which is up in the 2003 territory I'd think. Anyway you can certainly get a newer car for that money. If I was going to spend that much I'd definitely be looking for a newer car.

If this guy will listen to reason then you might get a good car for a right deal. If not I'd pass.

I was thinking that car was worth in the low $40k range as well. The $55k range really is 2003 territory from what I am finding out there.

Ok, thanks guys...It sounded outrageous to me. There is a 2003 with similar mileage for the same price...Thanks for the feedback. This Dealer is going to have the car for a LONG time.

Back