Please help me find a good NSX

hello everyone,
i am trying to find a sports car. i've been going around looking at various models, from RX7 to 911... i know that's a broad range. BUT i think i might try to get a NSX. my question is, is that 20 more hp worth it? is NSX a good everyday driver? what year is "good(?)", is 95 a good year? you see, i can't really afford "newer" models but just can't trust those unfaithful ebay sellers so... i am more of a relaxed driver who wants cornering, brakes, and suspension more than unusable excessive HP. i am here in seattle area so if any of you could give me some feedbacks, i would appreciate it.
happy holidays!

Hello Dohoon
I may suggest you test drive a few NSXs just to see if you like the feel as compared to the 911, RX-7,etc. Also, note maintenance/reliabilty when comparing the three, check out some of the write ups on www.epinions.com. Production numbers were quite high, relatively speaking, 91-94 so odds are better to find an early model. Also, pricing for many 91/94s are approximately high $20K to low/mid $30K whereas 95s usually start in the mid $40s. As for 97s, for a 97+ I would consider desirable, your looking at low/mid $50s I have heard mixed reviews w/re: to NSX-T (95-96); Leakage, weight, etc have been issues for a very few via word of mouth from a couple NSX owners that I have personally spoke with. Personally, I own a 94' for which changes are minimal as compared to 91-93s, check out changes by year in the FAQ section.
Truthfully, their are only two minor things I can gripe about mine. First, heavy steering felt under extreme cornering (No power steering on manual till 95).
Second, the acceleration has room for improvement. I personally, plan to deal with this in the spring by the addition of a supercharger and japanese short gears. Comptech and Basch superchargers have been hailed with greatness across the nsx prime community. Yes, reliability included, even on the track, if thats what you plan to use it for. Anyway, both superchargers greatly improve acceleration of the car (More info also available in FAQ)- I have seen some pretty impressive stats over the message boards in the past-Many modified NSXs (91-96) are achieving 0-60 times in mid/high 4s. 1/4 mi ranges are great but I hope to attain at least high 12s. So, basically for less than $40K you can have one fast exotic car with Civic reliability-Does it get any better than this?
Good luck and happy test driving to you

dohoon,

Most of your questions have already been answered in the FAQ (on this site) and in previous topics. I suggest you spend some time going through them and learning about the NSX. I'm sure you'll find that there is a lot to like about the NSX.

Whoops sent that last one a bit soon

As for cornering-
The limits are quite high, frankly I am scared to find them.
As an everyday driver-where do you work, heavy traffic parking lot? Door dings bother you? I would drive it everyday if could ensure its safety, but many cannot. Its quite a cockpit-like fitting behind the wheel I take my time getting in and out as not to scratch/rub/whatever
excessively. Careless hopping in and out would probably wear out the driverside seat bolsters quickly and we do tend to hop in and out of our daily drivers quickly?.
The brakes are very sufficient stock, upgrading to a Porsche feel may be costly though. Aftermarket rotors and pads can enhance already great braking though. ie. I have heard good things about RM equipment.
The suspension is so well balanced stock, but there are a variety of upgrade options, available. ie. Dali sway bars, Koni shocks have been liked by many NSXers.

Good luck

Back