Please help!! CD Changer error code E01

Today I put my CD magazine into my factory Changer and got an E01 Error Code. It doesn't play and it will not release my cartridge from the changer. According to the manul,l E01 is a CD malfunction code (no kidding), but has anyone had this problem and what did it take to fix it? Is my changer shot or can it be saved? I did a search on this error and found only one entry that had no resolution. Please advise.:mad:

That E-01 code on Acuras means the stacker is having a loading problem. The trays are jammed or not loading. Look in the changer and see if any debris in there.

Likely needs repair or new one though.
Hope this helps you. Good luck.

Yes, it looks like it is jammed because one of CD's looks to have been accepted into the changer, but you can't tell if there is debris or not because I can't get it to release the cartridge. Is there any manual way to get the cartridge out, clean and check for debris, and re-install?

Sure I can uplug and unbolt the OEM changer and remove it, but how do I get the cartridge out of the changer when it is stuck? Is there a manual way to do this?

Slide a slender blade of metal (slim jim) under the center of the cassette (magazine) to push the release latch. Then unplug the DIN cable for 30 seconds or more, turn off the radio, plug in the DIN cable, insert an empty magazine, and turn on the radio. Or something like this. The unit will then try all 6 slots and eject the remaining CD into the magazine, and you will be back in business until the next time.

Well, I got the magazine out and I did see one CD stuck inside of the changer that would not come out, so I had to remove it manually. I unpluged the DIN, took out all the CD's and put it back in and now I have a new error, E5. I think this one is shot unless anyone knows how to fix this. What is the changer/mp3 player that everybody seems to use for about $200? What are the issues with the DIN cable adapter?

Hi jlindy,

I would recommend the Alpine S634 changer.

It is about $250, works with the factory head unit, smaller then the stock unit, but the magic is it plays mp3s. I have over 800 songs now in my changer!

Here is the AWESOME link in the FAQs that explains everything you need and how to use the factory braket.

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/DIY/Alpine-S634.pdf

Since I am local - I could help you out too if you get stuck.

Take care!

nick

Back