Please Explain This Factory Option

Fellas, I've looked and looked but can't come up with the purpose for this little control pad.

I've even got the Brain Long NSX book and Still can't figure out what this was meant for.

I only see it once in a blue moon. Please help.

I'm also guessing that thos three switches behind the shift boot are aftermarket. Am I correct?

Attachments

• NSX Console Buttons.jpg
    NSX Console Buttons.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 249
Where in NJ? I'm sure one of us here could check out the car in person for you if you like.

If I'm not mistaken, the European market cars used switches directly behind the shift lever - not the buttons for the factory phone (in place of the coin tray), but the three in front of them. I think one of the buttons is to adjust the headlight aim for the weight in the car; I forget what the others are for.

Seems to be at Lightning Motors in Roselle.

I just finished speaking with someone at the dealership and he had no idea what I was talking about. "To his knowledge there aren't any buttons or aftermarket stuff in the car" To say the least, the guy was unknowledgeable and unprofessional.

No need to go check it out, uness you wanted to. I'm only interested in what the control pad is for.

I has already been answered above in this thread, but I'll just confirm it is for the OEM Acura analogue cell phone. I had one in my car and removed it.

Those buttons are definitely for the OEM cell phone (where the coin tray is supposed to be). Those buttons infront of the OEM cell phone buttons look aftermarket to me.

Hey ChrisK...I remember you from the Legend Forums. Been a long while though. Good to see you're still around with an X. You certainly did have a pretty and classy Legend out there on that Island.

Back