• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Planning a honeymoon in April

On the Sunday before last we took a trip to Cannon Beach, Oregon. She had no idea what was happening when I said, "Hold on a sec hon, I have something in my sock". I was on one knee and had the small box in hand when she figured it out. I asked, "Beth Smith, will you marry me?". She said yes and the size 5 ring fit perfectly.

Her only criteria for a honeymoon was "somewhere warm" (that's my girl). I'm currently running searches for the gulf coast of Mexico or the Carribean and prefer an all-inclusive resort.

I'm in my late 40's and am not looking for night life, gambling, shopping or crowds. Looking for someplace fairly quiet, sandy beaches with snorkeling, nice restaurants and bars.

I have found Primers to be a wealth of information on an incredible range of topics. I'm hoping to get some advice and insight from people who have experience travelling in this part of the world.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing all of your responses,

Matt

1st of all Congrats!!

2nd. what is your budget? That will be the difference between Cozumel All inclusive and some place in the pacific.

Sandles Jamaica :biggrin:

1st of all Congrats!!

2nd. what is your budget? That will be the difference between Cozumel All inclusive and some place in the pacific.

I've been looking at all-inclusive resorts in Mexico and Caribbean that range up to about $1,000/week per a person (not including air fare).

After getting some prices for the reception :eek: I think the South Pacific will have to wait.

I've been to most places in the carribean, Mexico and central america and by far the best is Costa Rica. Excellent local animal life, lots to do zip lines, beaches, Volcano, jungle areas and good pricing from what I remember. One of my best vacations. We were in our 40's when we went, I just turned 50 this year. Around the Volcano were hot springs that you sit in with the water running over you. Great for a honeymoon.

We did an all-inclusive in Mexico. We found our deal through Travelzoo.com... which led us to the website TravelbyBob.com.

We booked our all-inclusive through TravelbyBob to the Riviera Maya and were super surprised on how they handled everything from the booking, to the shuttle service from the airport to all the activities. Very professional group and an excellent deal. I always was skeptical they would upsell me on some extra piece, but they never did. The price was all inclusive... flight, lodging, food and ground transportation. Check them out and let me know if you got any other questions.

http://travelbybob.com/home/home.asp

Back