Places to shoot

Shoot a car (NSX) and a model at? Trying to find different locations other than the ones I already know of....any ideas?:rolleyes:

Bulldog Lounge, inside Vance's office :biggrin:

South Central LA
Front of Wal-mart
99 cent Store
Rosco Chicken and Waffle
Chevy Dealership flipping off a Vette
Home Depot with cart of Lumber
Costco with Cart full of merchandise

Last edited:
ROFLMAO! You guys are funny...no seriously...haha...something more of the industrial areas and what not. I've hit up angeles crest many times but that's too boring now...

How about a car plant? It be pretty cool like this.

As far as industrial stuff... What about a parking garage? I know of a few that are completely deserted on nights and weekends. What about downtown LA? I'm not sure if you need permits or whatever to shoot down there, but maybe if you were guerilla style you could do it. Lots of old buildings, like in the toy district or the fashion district. Just be sure to pack some heat if you go at night... who knows what crazy fools lurk around there, haha.

How about the desert? There is a road to the east of Red Rock Canyon park that is perfectly flat and straight and makes an awesome backdrop. And of course, there is always El Mirage... :cool:

As far as industrial stuff... What about a parking garage? I know of a few that are completely deserted on nights and weekends. What about downtown LA? I'm not sure if you need permits or whatever to shoot down there, but maybe if you were guerilla style you could do it. Lots of old buildings, like in the toy district or the fashion district. Just be sure to pack some heat if you go at night... who knows what crazy fools lurk around there, haha.

How about the desert? There is a road to the east of Red Rock Canyon park that is perfectly flat and straight and makes an awesome backdrop. And of course, there is always El Mirage... :cool:

Which parking garage do you know of? and the toy district? hwere's that at? i knw of the fashion district which is off melrose right?

Which parking garage do you know of? and the toy district? hwere's that at? i knw of the fashion district which is off melrose right?

Toy district is over by Little Tokyo.... near skid row... fun place haha, also next to the Fashion District in downtown... both are on the ghetto east side! Might get some cool tents in your backgrounds there =]

Which parking garage do you know of?

There is one in Culver City that I always go to... it clears out by about 9 at night, and then is empty all weekend too. I go there to wash my car sometimes, haha... there's usually a security guard walking around but they're chill and won't give you problems if you're friendly.

There is one in Culver City that I always go to... it clears out by about 9 at night, and then is empty all weekend too. I go there to wash my car sometimes, haha... there's usually a security guard walking around but they're chill and won't give you problems if you're friendly.

wash your car?...there?:eek: haha...must be really private then. i might just check it out. PM the place if you get the chance. i'll talk to the security guard too if anything haha.

i still can't get enough about you washing you car there though, haha...that's so funny but cool at the same time. :tongue:

Toy district is over by Little Tokyo.... near skid row... fun place haha, also next to the Fashion District in downtown... both are on the ghetto east side! Might get some cool tents in your backgrounds there =]

Haha yeah east downtown is ghetto as hell, but could make for some sweet Urban Decay style backdrops. Plus, you could always hire Skid Row folks to help out :biggrin:

EastLos has a lot of industrial areas too, especially around the train yards. The problem with most "industrial" kinds of settings in LA is that it's probably going to be somewhat busy during the day, and sketchy after dark...

wash your car?...there?:eek: haha...must be really private then. i might just check it out. PM the place if you get the chance. i'll talk to the security guard too if anything haha.

i still can't get enough about you washing you car there though, haha...that's so funny but cool at the same time. :tongue:

Haha I know... people always are surprised when I say that. Trying to wash my car at my condo is effin' annoying tho, so for me it's just easier. It's great... deserted, covered, with a nice breeze on the warm days (the walls are open on the sides)

I'll PM you with the address. Let me know if you wanna check it out, I live only a couple mins away, I could come help

Good day y'all

Have you noticed all the car commercials film between Grand Ave and 1st St. Most drive up and down the hill because it gives a good backdrop of the city, there is a center island that you can stand on and shoot cars passing by. So if you have 1,2,3,4 nsx's going up, it would be a cool pic. My office garage 12th and Olive, is 5 stories and has a rooftop. I'll see if that gives a good backdrop of the LA skyline....Its usually 4 bucks to park but its automated, not sure if I can rangle up some passes

http://www.flickr.com/groups/lagroup/discuss/72157616400985202/

giftedg

Last edited:
Hi all, thought I'd update this thread with an area I found while cruising around the other night...

There is a section of S. Fairfax Ave. between Stocker St. and Slauson Ave near Crenshaw that is surrounded by those rocking-style oil pumps. There are one or two places to pull off where you could probably get a couple of the oil pumps in the background. I'm planning to do a shoot there soon, and will post pics when I do :)

Google map link
_

Back